System time

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by muppets, Aug 15, 2011.

1. muppets

muppets

I am trying to invoke some schedules and want to push the system time back or forwards to test my logic and schedules.
    Every time I adjust the C-touch time it reverts back to the correct time - I tried the time zone as well but it doesn't seem to change anything???

I don't want to have to wait/get-up at 5:30am just to test my schedule/logic. Is there any way I can push the system to test things?

Where does the C-touch get it's time?? I know I have a few clocks enabled on the system I think - does one of these act as the master?

I have searched the forum and in one post Darren points to:

Read the PICED FAQ topic "C-Bus Unit Clocks". It explains the process.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by i-Home
    What holds and gives out the time on a cbus system which incorporates a colour ctouch?

But I can't find that FAQ anywhere and searching for "C-Bus Unit Clocks" prduces nothing??

EDIT

Oh ... I do have a Wiser on the system as well could this be the culprit??

Loving my C-bus package btw it cost me a #$%@ load but it's versatility is awesome, if I ever move I am either going to have to buy an enabled house, build or re-wire. My wife and I won't know how to turn anything on/off if we can't use our I-phones or PIR's!

Hopefully Schneider can keep up the good work that Clipsal has put into this product. Developments are a little slow at times but I stand by Allen Bradley for my PLC gear and support and will do the same with CBus, as only those products that are tried and tested and tried again seem to stack up these days. Too much emphasis is put on early product release instead of rock solid performance and quality by the many systems in the market place.

EDIT

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2011
    muppets, Aug 15, 2011
  2. muppets

ICS-GS

i think CTC must have NTP time sync (same as your desktop PC auto sync's time). however you can apply your logic in reverse and change 5.30am to whatever time it is now to initially test if that helps

Cheers

Grant

ICS-GS, Aug 15, 2011
  3. muppets

NickD Moderator

The Colour CTouch does not have NTP time sync, but the Wiser does.

The role of time master on C-Bus is negotiated by each of the units capable of keeping time, based on their accuracy.

If the Wiser has an internet connection then it will always assume the role of time master on C-Bus as it has the highest accuracy as it's the only device that has NTP sync.

I can't remember if you can disable NTP sync on the Wiser, so the simplest way to test as you are trying to do on the other touchscreens is just to remove the Wiser... unless of course the schedules you're trying to test are in the Wiser :(

If this is the case, you could probably just disconnect the WAN connection to the Wiser, then power it down for about half an hour (long enough for another device to assume the role of time master) and then power it up again. If it doesn't have an NTP source it should fall back to the same accuracy class as the other touchscreens and it should maintain the time mastering role.

Thanks... it's nice to hear this once in a while. We ARE working on some cool new stuff (obviously I can't tell you what it is or when it will be released), but we're excited about it and we think you'll like it :)

Nick

NickD, Aug 16, 2011
  4. muppets

Darren Senior Member

To open the FAQ, in PICED go to "help" menu and click on FAQ.

Otherwise go to Windows Start menu, navigate to PICED and there is an FAQ link there too.

Otherwise go to where PICED is installed (C:\Clipsal\PICED by default) and open the file FAQ.chm.

Otherwise go to PICED help menu, select "manuals" and open the PDF version of the FAQ.

Otherwise go to Windows Start menu, navigate to PICED and there is an manuals link there too.

Otherwise go to where PICED is installed (C:\Clipsal\PICED by default) go to manuals folder and open the file FAQ.pdf.

Otherwise open the main help file, go to the "Frequently Asked Questions" topic and there is a link which takes you to the FAQ.

Otherwise open the main help file, go to the "Other Help Sources/FAQ" topic and there is a link which takes you to the FAQ.

Maybe we need to provide more ways of finding it ;)

Darren, Aug 20, 2011
Ask a Question