System Requirments for c-bus software

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by GeorgeKosmas, Jun 9, 2005.

1. GeorgeKosmas

GeorgeKosmas

Does anyone know if all the new c-bus software that is comming out (e.g. Toolkit) can run on windows 98 or are there problems doing it? Our office has a windows 98 laptop just for the c-bus programming and i was wondering if we are going to have to upgrade that laptop or we can stick with it for a little while longer.

If it can run on win 98 can you please tell me the minimum software requirments for the software to run?

- Toolkit
    - TICA
    - PICED
    - C-Touch

Regards
    George

GeorgeKosmas, Jun 9, 2005
  2. GeorgeKosmas

Richo

Currenlty our policy is to support Windows 98 and later with our software, so all the items mentioned should run on Windows 98. There is a current problem with the Colour C-Touch transfer utility on Windows 98, but that should be resolved soon.

However, we strongly recommend using Windows 2000 or XP. These are far better operating systems to Windows 98 (or Windows ME). You may find that some features of the software perform better on Windows 2000/XP as we optimise for these operating systems.

Some non-essential features of future releases may not work on Windows 98/ME. For example when C-Gate is made available to run as a Windows Service this will not be supported in Windows 98/ME. This is because Windows 98/ME has no concept of Windows Services.

Richo, Jun 9, 2005
Ask a Question