Synchronising page links on 2 touch screens

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by remotesolutions, Feb 16, 2006.

1. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Refer post a few weeks Back. " A few working problems. After much reworking and rewiring (channels in paralell) the Police station I have been working on is almost finished. (Muting switches using AND logic and only 4 cells as apposed to 6.) My only real problem is when page linking from a button with two touch screens, and having the the two c-touch screens stay in sync. Here is what is happening. Single standard switch in cell triggering a scene consisting of , cell light to 100%, pulse for 2 mins and return to off. Cell buzzer to 100%, pulse for 6 seconds and return to off, and page link to the appropriate cell page on the two touch screens. Both touch screens are identical in programming and the cell button scenes are duplicated for cells 1-6. If you press the button in cell 1, 1 touch screen jumps to the correct page the second touch screen does not. Screens time out back to the Home page after 2 mins. If you go and press the cell 1 button again the other touch screen will jump to the right cell page and the screen that worked the first time does nothing. The screens dont seem to want to jump in sync. WHY? The command on the Bus is the same the screens are the same. If anyone can offer any assistance , would be greatly appreciated. (Other idiosyncrasities include 1 touch screen would jump to the right page and instantly revert back to the home page) what the? I am aware that it is impossible to jump from page 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 or 5 to 1 without multiple page links on every page, but the combinations would mean stacks of buttons on the cell and home page.) This is not really a problem. (yet). Thanks again guys. I will post the file later if that helps anyone. Cheers Gav...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
    remotesolutions, Feb 16, 2006
  2. remotesolutions

PSC

Gavin,

Do you have the one project downloaded to both C-Touch's?

In the Piced software, are both the C-Touch's set to separate unit addresses? (File, Project Details, Next, Next) If so change them to match their physical UA's in Toolkit.

You might have to create a PICED project for each screen, just so the UA's are different.

If (and that's a BIG IF) you had a colour C-Touch it would probably work using the following code in the logic engine -

once (GetLightingState("Cell 1 Page Link") = ON) then
    begin
    ShowPage("Cell 1");
    TimerStart(CellOneTimer);
    end;

once TimerTime(CellOneTimer) = "0:02:00" then
    begin
    ShowPage("Home Page");

PSC, Feb 16, 2006
  3. remotesolutions

Darren Senior Member

You haven't said how you are implementing thse page links. I presume you have a page link button activated by a group address changing.

This is very easy to do if you use a theme page containing the buttons with the page links on it. You only need to do it once and use that theme page for every page in your project. The page link buttons can be very small and invisible if you are only using them via C-Bus control.

Darren, Feb 17, 2006
  4. remotesolutions

remotesolutions

Solution.

The solutiuon to kepping the touch screens in sync is making sure that any of the scenes crated for the project are deleted before downloading to the second touchscreen, So I took PSC's advice and created to Piced projects. One was the original file with the scenes created for the job using Piced, and the second file had the scenes deleted. Once downloaded to the appropriate screen page links working perfectly and all in sync, Once again Many thanks to members for their input. Cheers Gavin...

remotesolutions, Feb 28, 2006
Ask a Question