Sync Scene Status

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Ks04, Jan 9, 2023.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi,

Firstly, thankyou to everyone who's provided support to date getting my SHAC up and running - this forum has been a wealth of knowledge that has really allowed me to get the most out of the product!

I've gone through and setup a number of scenes on the SHAC, some of which have some overlap which I'd like to keep in sync if possible. E.g. I have a "whole home" scene of "All Off" and a "room scene" for the Kitchen which has "All On", "Ambient" and, "All Off".

If I set the scene for the whole house to be "All Off" my expected behaviour is that the kitchen scene realises all its groups are off and that trigger group/scene status for the kitchen scene is also adjusted to "All Off", and reflected as such on the visualisations and eDLTs... but that doesn't seem to be happening.

My thought is to do this through event triggers and keywords, but seems messy to maintain as changes to scenes are made... is there a better way? Can I trigger one scene from another? Is there some out of box way to make this work? Am i just being too picky...

Ks04, Jan 9, 2023
  2. Ks04

Ashley

Scene indicators are set via the trigger group and action selector. If the trigger group and action selector matches that assigned to a group, the scene indicator will be lit. If the trigger group matches but the action selector doesn't, the scene indicator will be extinguished. If the trigger group doesn't match, the indicator will not be changed. The result of this is that if one scene is a subset of another scene, (and hence will have a different action selector), only one of the indicators will be set. i.e the indicators tell you which action selector was last set, not which groups are set.

So scenes on the same trigger group are mutually exclusive. i.e. only one indicator in a trigger group can ever be set.

You can get around this by making sure scenes are not overlapping. i.e. put the kitchen scene and all off scene (without the kitchen groups) on two different trigger groups, then get the all off scene to trigger the kitchen off scene via its trigger group and action selector.

Ashley, Jan 9, 2023
  3. Ks04

Ks04

Thanks - this is what I was trying to do, however on the SHAC I don't seem to be able to put a trigger group into a scene... all the other applications populate, but not the Trigger Application Group

upload_2023-1-9_23-3-38.png

Ks04, Jan 9, 2023
  4. Ks04

Ashley

Works fine for me. Try selecting a specific network. Also, what version of the SHAC firmware are you running?

Ashley, Jan 9, 2023
  5. Ks04

Ks04

Still nothing... scrolling through the pages it also isn't shown.
    Firmware version 1.12.0, hw v1.0
    upload_2023-1-10_10-42-37.png

Ks04, Jan 9, 2023
  6. Ks04

Ashley

The trigger groups are definitely defined in your SHAC? Do they appear under OBJECTS?

Ashley, Jan 10, 2023
  7. Ks04

Ks04

Sure do..
    upload_2023-1-10_15-10-2.png

Ks04, Jan 10, 2023
  8. Ks04

Ks04

I tried doing a factory reset and creating some trigger groups to see if i could add to a scene - same behaviour - no trigger groups show up when trying to add

Ks04, Jan 13, 2023
  9. Ks04

Ashley

I'm still running 1.6 so maybe there is a bug in the current version. They seem to have introduced a few which is why I haven't bothered updating. Maybe someone else with 1.12 can try it out.

Ashley, Jan 13, 2023
  10. Ks04

Ks04

I downgraded to v1.11 and it worked! Guess it's a "qwerk" of 1.12

Shame firmware updates aren't more frequent

Ks04, Jan 27, 2023
Ask a Question