Switching on of Remote GAs by Color TS

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Extrex, May 21, 2006.

1. Extrex

Extrex

I have a touch screen that is connected to a backbone via a network bridge.
    There is also a Schedule Plus PC that is connected directly of the backbone.

There is just one minor problem. I am not able to switch on GAs on the backbone via the TS. I have tried the more obvious one like enabling the Network bridges to adjacent networks, enabling 'Bridges allow application connect' option in PICED , but stil nada.

I am able to do it the other way around and make the PC switch on GAs on the TS network. The TS even shows the status of the GA on the Backbone whenever its being switched on but cannot show the current status when the TS is restarted.

I am using Schedule Plus 3.4.1 and PICED 3.6. Any suggestions??

Extrex, May 21, 2006
  2. Extrex

Darren Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2006
    Darren, May 22, 2006
  3. Extrex

Extrex

I checked all the things in the document and still no joy.
    Regarding the C-Bus diagnostic software, I havent used it before but it seems fairly simple.
    Is there anything in particular tat I should be looking for??

Extrex, May 31, 2006
  4. Extrex

Darren Senior Member

If the touch screen is sending commands to its own network and you are relying on the bridge to forward them to the backbone, you could use the diagnostic software on the C-Touch network to see if the commands are getting to there and then look on the backbone network to see if the commands are getting to there.

If the C-Touch is sending commands addressed to the backbone network, you will be unable to see those using the diagnostic software on the C-Touch network. You will need to look on the backbone network to see if you can see the commands.

If this doesn't help to resolve what is going on, call tech support.

Darren, Jun 1, 2006
Ask a Question