Switches & Touch Screen not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Craig.w87, May 17, 2020.

1. Craig.w87

Craig.w87

Hi!

I bought my house on the Gold Coast 8 years ago and it has a basic c-bus system. Only setup for the lights.

The b&w touch screen stopped working a couple of years ago. There are 2 switches aren’t working (turn them on and the indicator light or light they are connected to doesn’t work) - however when the switches are disconnected and reconnected the work again for a short period before stopping again.

The 5000CT touch screen has also stopped working in the last couple of years. It just flickers with lines.

The sparky I use for work doesn’t know anything about C-BUS. What are my options to fix it / get it usable again?

thanks
    -Craig

Attached Files:

Craig.w87, May 17, 2020
  2. Craig.w87

Trevor

Hi Craig,
    Check with Clipsal to see they still repair these, and you should be able to find a good cbus electrician in you area, if you can't let me know and I'll look one up in my address list. I'll need your address to do that.
    I have some second hand colour touch screens available if you go down that road, let me know.

Arbor Australia do the repairs to the 5080 CTC colour touch screen range. Not the black and white ones. that we originally designed and manufactured for Clipsal

Best Regards and have a great day

Trevor Callaghan
    Workshop Manager

Arbor Australia Pty Ltd
    JEA Technologies

Eastern Business Centre
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal Road, Nunawading VIC 3131, Australia

Phone +61 3 8736 0328
    Mobile 0404 887 463
    Email Address’s
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Company Web Sites
    https://arbor-technology.com/gl/Home
    https://jeatech.com.au/

Trevor, May 18, 2020
  3. Craig.w87

chromus

It could just be a failed network power supply.

The first thing to go down in a network with not enough power available is the B+W touch screen.

chromus, May 18, 2020
Ask a Question