Switch scene on 1G switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pdirect, Mar 21, 2018.

1. pdirect

pdirect

Hi guys,

I have a cbus installation with scene capability through a PACA. I've recently added a few 1G switches throughout the building for the purpose of switching multiple relay channels. My issue is that I have no space available to switch via the logic engine. Is it possible to create a scene in the PACA and control this from non DLT switches? If so could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

pdirect, Mar 21, 2018
  2. pdirect

Ashley

This has been discussed many times. Search is your friend :) Look for remote triggering of scenes.

Ashley, Mar 21, 2018
  3. pdirect

ampcom

The way I do it is as follows:

1. Create a "Phantom Group Address". E.g. ~All Outside Off (I put a squiggly icon at the front of the GA so I know it is for a scene trigger.
    2. Create a Scene in the PAC with the Scene Trigger Application, Lighting.
    3. Scene Trigger Group Address, select the Phantom GA you created (E.g. ~All Outside Off).
    4. Scene Trigger Level, select ON.
    5. Select all the scene components (GA's) as you would in a scene.
    6. On the button of the CBUS switch assign the Phantom GA (E.g. ~All Outside Off).
    7. Set the button Function to "Timer" and set to something like 4 seconds.
    This will then turn on the LED and flash it for 4 seconds whilst the scene is being triggered, then turn off the LED.

This method will let you map the scene to any button on the CBUS network.
    It also means you only have to adjust the one scene if you require any changes.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Philip

ampcom, Mar 30, 2018
  4. pdirect

ampcom

By the way, if you ever start using a SHAC or NAC then you need to create a scene and trigger them using trigger control and action selectors. You can still remotely trigger the scenes via any CBUS button, but is done differently from the example / solution on the previous post when using a PAC.
    SHAC and NAC only using trigger control and action selectors for scene triggering.
    It can't be done how I used to when using a PAC. (I.e. having a "phantom" GA and just pulsing the GA for a few seconds from a button).

ampcom, Apr 1, 2018
Ask a Question