Switch for 5102BCLEDL

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by 2SC, May 18, 2007.

1. 2SC

2SC

Could you please address me to some switches to use with 5102BCLEDL (provides drive for 2 external LEDs)?
    Thanks in advance.

2SC, May 18, 2007
  2. 2SC

ashleigh Moderator

Any dry contact mechanical switch will do.

You do not have to use the LED outputs.

Make sure you keep mains (line) well away from anything you wire into the BCL, and keep the wiring run from the BCL to the mechanical switch to less than 1 metre.

ashleigh, May 19, 2007
  3. 2SC

2SC

I 'm sorry for being misunderstood, however English is not my mother language. :eek:

I was wondering if there is a Clipsal or other manufacturer switch available with LEDs, ready to be used with the 5102BCLEDL.

Many times our customers don't want to use Clipsal switches (they want something cheaper or just for architectural reasons) and 5104BCL is used.

However, there is no indication if something is on or not.
    <O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    That?s why I want to learn how to use 5102BCLEDL.

2SC, May 19, 2007
  4. 2SC

ashleigh Moderator

OK, I understand.

Clipsal so not make a suitable switch, so you will have to find something from another maker.

The LED's will vary from one switch maker to another, all I can suggest is to try and find something with a colour that your customers like.

The LED drive from the BCL should be OK for all standard single low voltage LEDs that work from about 2 V to 3.5V (depending on colour).

ashleigh, May 19, 2007
Ask a Question