Sweep Fan Controller through Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by jorr, Dec 15, 2012.

1. jorr

jorr

Hi All,

I have just installed a sweep fan in a bedroom and have it programmed thru a DLT within the trigger application and the associated action selectors. It works fine. The problem I have is I have also set it up in my wiser project on a one-button 4-speed cycle using the action selectors etc. When I go to swith the fan on via wiser, when u press the button, nothing happens until u go thru through the cycle until it reaches 'off' again, which inturn, switches the fan on to low. Then u have to go thru the full cycle again to reach the next speed. It seems the fan operation via the wiser is out of sync. I'm guessing its my programming to blame, so can anyone please explain?

Also, is there a way to put the fan as a timer on the DLT instead of just a switch?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    jorr, Dec 15, 2012
  2. jorr

paulw11

Hi

I have found the same thing. The problem seems to be that the default set up for a fan controller widget uses the 'trigger control' application with levels set for each speed. If you look at how the fan control on a key switch works, it actually repeatedly triggers level 0, with the fan control relay itself tracking the current speed.

I have found that you can do either of the following -
    1. Change the application from trigger control to lighting. This lets you cycle through the speeds correctly, but if you have a key input set to control the fan its LED won't light up (The labels will change on a DLT)
    2. Change the levels for all speeds to 0. This will let you cycle through the speeds and the associated key unit will display the on/off status but the Wiser won't display the current speed (It just shows 'off')

It seems that option 1 is the best solution

paulw11, Mar 14, 2013
Ask a Question