Sweep fan control in Homegate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Damaxx, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Damaxx

Damaxx

Can someone please give me some guidance on how to program a c-bus button on Homegate to control L5501RFCP sweep fan the same as a DLT button? i.e. 3 levels and off with DTL labels.

The <Fan Speed Cycle> does not show up as an option on Homegate and I have no idea where to go from here. There does not appear to be anything in the help files on Homegate for sweep fans like there is in Toolkit.

I am running the latest versions of both Toolkit and Homegate.

Appreciate any assistance.

Damaxx, Dec 18, 2010
  2. Damaxx

Newman

There are no pre-canned configuration options for the Ceiling Sweep Fan Controller in HomeGate.

There are a couple different ways to control the Fan Controller, depending upon how you want to control it and what you want to display.

If you just want 4 buttons for speed, then you configure your 4 buttons/indicators as Presets to set the appropriate level on the C-Bus Group associated with the Fan. If you change the C-Bus Indicator Active Range (Status Tab for a button) you can specify the status to only be active when that particular preset is set.

If you want 1-button control of the Fan Controller you first need to configure the Fan Controller as a Master unit, rather than a Stand-Alone Unit. This gives you access to the Trigger Group / Action Selector parameters as well as the DLT labels in Toolkit. You then configure your HomeGate button as a Preset, so that it sends the Action Selector out onto C-Bus whenever it is pressed, causing the Fan Controller to advance 1 speed at a time.

Newman, Dec 18, 2010
  3. Damaxx

Damaxx

Thanks Newman. I had configured it as a Master Unit So I was able to use the 1 button option. Didn't think to use the preset option.

Works perfect.

Cheers.

Damaxx, Dec 20, 2010
Ask a Question