Sweep Fan Control from PAC?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ingo, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Ingo

Ingo

Is there way to control the Sweep Fan Controller 'remotely'? With this I mean I would like my PAC to control the fan speeds directly and also, if at all possible, have the local Keypad also reflect the fan status.

I am using a Neo keypad and pressing the 'Fan' button I can cycle through all the states while the led shows that its On.

When I remotely send Trigger Group commands it works in the same way but I want the PAC to send a 'High' so the fan can start in 'High' mode and from there perhaps directly to 'Low' in a subsequent command. The LED should also reflect that the Fan is On.

Ingo

Ingo, Feb 24, 2016
  2. Ingo

Ashley

Just set the ga assigned to channel 1 to the appropriate value.
    0 = 0ff, 1-33%=low, 35-68%=med, 68-100%=high.
    Assuming you have used the default thresholds of course.
    The fan controller will broadcast the correct label if you have a DLT.
    For a Neo, turning the fan off will kill the indicator but turning it on won't set it because the Neo won't receive a action selector.
    You could fake it by first sending out the action selector to turn the fan and indicator on, then setting it to the correct speed directly.
    I haven't tried this though. I just put up with the indicator not showing the fan running because I can see the blades turning. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2016
    Ashley, Feb 24, 2016
  3. Ingo

Ingo

Thanks Ashley. I did that and it works well except my old Neo LED does not indicate the fan is working. I am sure with a DLT its not an issue but I don't have any of those keypads.

:) and here I saw your edited comment.

Ingo, Feb 24, 2016
  4. Ingo

Ashley

Snap. Try the new edit :)

Ashley, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Ingo

Ingo

Yip, it would be a dead giveaway. Currently my keypad is around the corner so I would have to walk a few steps to see if its on and then back again if its off. No real issue but I will try your second option.

Ingo

Ingo, Feb 24, 2016
Ask a Question