Summer's comin' down under...Things are hotting up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Conformist, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Conformist

Conformist

Conformist, Oct 25, 2012
  2. Conformist

Charlie Crackle

Is there more comming ??

Nice unit and useful but can not see this being a huge seller ?

Enlightn me on the market clipsal sees for this.

Airplay support would sell more I think !!! :)

Charlie Crackle, Oct 25, 2012
  3. Conformist

nickrusanov

this one is potentially great device. floor heating, climate control, outside temperature - can be used in every location, much better than thermostat or 1995 temp sensor.

guess it should have a software update and not only in toolkit. Wiser whould use a new floor heating widget. Also current wiser climate widget can easily start working without hardware thermostat - using inbuilt logic and TDSI. than it will be as great as it deserves =)

nickrusanov, Oct 25, 2012
  4. Conformist

Conformist

It's actually one of the most requested products! Being a global system, developments take in many regions including NZ, Sth Africa, Canada, UK plus Asia and of course.

Yes, there is more coming. But, we won't be disclosing product information until launch time...

Conformist, Oct 25, 2012
  5. Conformist

pcwrecker

One of the "most requested products".. That'd have to be free tickets to the Clipsal 500 wouldn't it

pcwrecker, Oct 25, 2012
  6. Conformist

Roosta

I tend to agree with Charlie Crackle on this one..

I find it interesting that it is one of the most requested products..

I also find it interesting that CIS opted to invest its money into, what to me, appears to be the love child of a buscoupler and a general input unit.. And saw this a worthy gap in the CBUS range to invest in, when there are other gaps which potentially could have sales volume and profit many times that of this product..

Dont get me wrong.. Well done on the product, and the more I let my imagination go with potential applications, the more i could think of but as to whether a client would ever want most of those things.. Well that would come down to the price..

Speaking of which is there a Trade price on it and the Thermocouples yet?

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 25, 2012
  7. Conformist

Conformist

Why? As I said, it's a global request. It works with the thermostat and it's a better form-factor fit than the (expensive) digital temperature sensor that's available today. I deal with lots of installers in many parts of the world. There are a huge number of people doing amazing things with C-Bus and this fills a big gap for them.

No mechanical design (re-using the bus-coupler) means faster to market and less cost! Why re-invent the wheel with mechanical design?

It's nothing like the general input unit. The sensors are digital (not analogue) and it will be a way more cost effective solution. As an integrator, I sold into every resi install, an outdoor temp sensor. Weather (including local temperature) is something people want to know about. The low cost of this item means even a half-decent sales guy can sell this into a project...
    I agree there are lots of gaps and maybe??? they are being addressed???
    ROI (Return on Investment) is a big factor in any development. Gadgets that cost a lot to develop and only sell to geeks or an early adopter won't get the green light. We also have to closely look at core competencies.

Agree. I don't set the price, only the target cost. I believe this will be a very affordable product. I'll post some applications when I get a sec that will make it hard for end-users to resist this... (plus I'm sure we would all like to hear what you are imagining)

Not thermocouples, digital sensors... If you are interested, they use the Dallas 1-wire sensor.

Thanks for your post :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2012
    Conformist, Oct 25, 2012
  8. Conformist

Roosta

Owned.. :p

Your responses are appreciated..

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 26, 2012
  9. Conformist

Charlie Crackle

Thats great. I was wondering how you could have such long cables. That was a good idea.

I can see this being very useful.

I am sure you are leaving the best anouncements till last !!

Do the thermostats and related gear sell better than Cbus audio? When talking to the industry I get the impression that Cbus audio was not as bigger seller as it thaught it might have been. I love the product and recommend it with every job but I see other installers struggle to understand it but once explained the BIG picture it all falls into place.

The thermostats are also great but trying to get the climate control people on the same page can be very challanging.

Charles

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    Charlie Crackle, Oct 27, 2012
  10. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks for your post Charles

You've hit the nail on the head. The temp sensor is a part of the bigger picture. I'm glad to hear you are sticking with the MRA. There are more things happening there too (including som fix-ups that are taking way longer than they should).

Conformist, Oct 28, 2012
Ask a Question