Suggestion for a new product #1

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Colin Smith, Aug 12, 2004.

?

How many of us would like this feature?

Poll closed Aug 19, 2004.
  1. Would use this feature

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Would use once in a blue moon

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Would not use this feature

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

When wiring a bedroom, kitchen or hallway, there is the need for a micro-switch on the wardrobe, pantry and hall closet doors. To turn a light on in those areas currently I would need to use a bus-coupler. This can involve running cables from either end of the house or even from other floors to the bus coupler.

I am making the assumption that most of the single and double switches use the same controller as the multiple switches, but with nothing on those particular inputs. What I would suggest is turning at least one of the spare inputs on the single or double switch into a single bus coupler! This would make the run a lot shorter and could also open up new possibilities for inventive minds to use as control.

If you see this as opening a can of worms maybe you could come up with a micro-switch specifically matched to the switch unit for this type of application.

Colin Smith

Colin Smith, Aug 12, 2004
  2. Colin Smith

Wilko

...and another product suggestion.

Great idea! This reminds me of another scenario I've seen.

A friend wants to retrofit C-Bus to his house, but is putting it off because all his light switches are architrave switches - so he can't mount key inputs in their place. He doesn't want to mount the key inputs on the wall and then fix up all the holes in the architraves, nor does he want a house full of bus couplers and generic architrave mounted buttons.

It would be nice to have a key input with remote buttons. This way the processor could sit in the roof above the doorway, and the buttons could be mounted in an architrave switch plate below.

Wilko, Aug 12, 2004
  3. Colin Smith

Advantex

Peter

novel suggestion, that could be useful.

Advantex, Aug 12, 2004
Ask a Question