Stuck on 'Hang on we're getting all your controls ready"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Clips-al, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Clips-al

Clips-al

Hi, I wonder if anyone could help. I'm using PICED with the Wiser 2 and I've transferred the default project from the wiser to PICED. When I then try to simulate the project all I get is the 'Hang on we're getting all your controls ready" screen in the simulation and no further. It just plays the starting animation and never goes into the menu. Does anyone know where to go from here ?
    thanks in advance :)

Clips-al, Mar 30, 2015
  2. Clips-al

conor1

was playing about with piced last night and found exactly the same when i tried to simulate a trial wiser 2 project

conor1, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Clips-al

Clips-al

Not just me then. I found the touch screens ok to program but i can't program the wiser as I've not been able to get past this screen . Theres nothing about it in any of the help files that I can see

Clips-al, Mar 31, 2015
  4. Clips-al

Clips-al

Well , I seemed to have solved it if this helps anyone else. Still not sure what I was doing wrong. Basically to fix it I extracted all the files from the default wiser project file Wiser2proj.tar.gz and then Wiser2proj.tar . I then opened the file project.xml in PICED and this file works in simulation mode. Now I am able to edit this file and all newly created widgets work. I still can't create a working blank Wiser2 project from scratch using the same information though. Not that this matters as its easy to edit the default project. Its very odd. though.

Clips-al, Apr 1, 2015
  5. Clips-al

MHeaton

I am also seeing this.

Clips-al - please can you spell out the steps you did to fix it as I can't see a .tar or .tgz file - only the .zip and opening the project.xml didn't seem to change anything.

Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Jun 12, 2015
  6. Clips-al

Clips-al

I'm out at lunch at the moment but as far as I remember I figured out that the simulation process actually is not just software based on the PC. I think it occurs on the actual wiser so you have to be connected to it in the network.The process I described above isn't necessary I dont think.
    Works fine after you've made sure your network connected

Clips-al, Jun 13, 2015
  7. Clips-al

Deano

So does this mean we can't simulate a Wiser 2 screen without the hardware? Whereas with Wiser MK1 we could.

I too are getting the "Hang on we are getting all your controls ready" message.

Deano, Jun 15, 2015
  8. Clips-al

pastorhinn

Yeah help with this issue would be much appreciated. I also am having the hanging issue when trying to enter simulation. I have the wiser 2 unit and connect to it no problem on my network but still when entering Simulation on PICED it will not proceed.

pastorhinn, Jun 15, 2015
  9. Clips-al

Clips-al

I'm not sure what else to say. I performed the procedure I described above and it seemed to work after that for a while. I then had it happen again and I think I wasn't connected to the wiser the second time. Have you tried opening the xml file with the wiser application ? To get the default project I think I had to transfer it from the wiser to my computer, (there wasn't a working one with PICED) and then extract the tar files to reveal the project.xml file

Clips-al, Jun 16, 2015
  10. Clips-al

Deano

My understanding after speaking to tech support is that the Simulation doesn't work without having the physical Wiser connected. Which in my mind isn't a true simulation like you can normally do within PICED for other devices.

Re: The files you extracted from the Wiser unit, using theses you were able to simulate the Wiser without being connected to it??? Is it possible to upload these default files to the forum?

Deano, Jun 16, 2015
  11. Clips-al

Clips-al

I think what you have said is correct Deano. I think I only thought the procedure above worked because by chance the second time I was connected to the wiser. I don't think you can run a simulation without being connected to the wiser which seems a bit silly for those who want to try it out first before buying .

Clips-al, Jun 17, 2015
  12. Clips-al

pastorhinn

When you guys are saying connected too the wiser, what exactly do you mean?? Im connected to my wisers network through WIFI and i still can not get the simulation mode to work. I tried direct connecting it via wan and still no luck??

I can connect to my wiser through the connection wizard but then when i get back out of it and try the simulation, still no luck???

pastorhinn, Jun 23, 2015
Ask a Question