String Constants Longer than 50 characters

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Maurits Roos, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

We have been working on sending IR commands that are typically much longer than 50 chars.

Is there a tidy way to get these long commands into an appropriate length array of char?

Or is there a way to send these long constants without generating the warning?

thanks

Maurits Roos, Mar 25, 2012
  2. Maurits Roos

Darren Senior Member

This warning message is only an issue if you have not created string variables of the appropriate size. Otherwise, the warning can be ignored.

To create a string variable called MyString large enough to store 100 characters, define it as:

MyString: array[0..100] of char;

Darren, Mar 26, 2012
  3. Maurits Roos

Ambro

I have an issue with the email send not operating reliably after a while of operation (more than a few days) through a CTC. The email strings are defined to be greater as shown in this thread and the 50 character warning is the only one I have in the logic part of my project.

I do reset every couple of weeks as I have HTML running (which I have been told to do in case of memory leaks) and this resolves the issue - for a while...

Could having more than 50 characters be an issue too or should I reset more often?

Ambro, Sep 1, 2014
Ask a Question