Streaming from 3 MRA matix's

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by ben addison, Oct 7, 2012.

1. ben addison

ben addison

Hi,

I have 3 delux matix switches and i would like to control them from 1 b/w mk2 touch screen. so that each one can play a different track at the same time.

i can get one working fine.

also is it possible to search for tracks on the touch screen to save me scroling 16k plus tracks

Thanks

Ben addison

ben addison, Oct 7, 2012
  2. ben addison

Roosta

If you have 3 computers running the ripple software and configured correctly this should be possible..

Otherwise i dont believe it is possible..

And as for searching tracks on a touchscreen, i dont believe this is currently possible..

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 8, 2012
  3. ben addison

Conformist

This is not quite true...

Ripple supports up to 3 Matrix Switchers plus a PC output too on a single PC.

You are correct in that the B&W MKII and Spectrum cannot look through tracks. Colour C-Touch can however, through the Media Director.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
    Conformist, Oct 8, 2012
  4. ben addison

Roosta

Ha ha.. Well I stand corrected.. :-D

Thanks..

Cheers..

Roosta, Oct 8, 2012
  5. ben addison

ben addison

Has anyone got an answer?
    as i need to be done on site by friday.

I have found a few things this week that may help.
    the b/w mk2 only has 4 media link groups where the colour has 12, so i should be able to control 4 groups from the b/w. So i have only given the 3 streamers a mlg and got 3 pages on the b/w to control each one, but i can only get one streamer to stream.

ben addison, Oct 10, 2012
  6. ben addison

Matty

Hi ben addison,

Ripple on a PC can be configured to stream to 4 matrix switchers at once. Each has its own unique stream and it controlled individually.

You'll need to make sure that each of the 3 matrix switchers is configured in MARPA to have a unique 'MRA Matrix Switcher Number'. Each of the 3 streamers in MARPA will need a unique media link group.

In the Configuration dialog in Ripple you can search for the IP addresses of the streaming devices and enter them into the IP address fields.

In PICED you then need to add each of the 3 unique media link groups to the 'Media Transport Control App Manager'. You can then add controls to your project using the 'Media transport Control Special Functions'.

There isn't any way to search for tracks from the touch screen at the moment.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Oct 11, 2012
  7. ben addison

ben addison

Thanks,

I will be on site in the next hour or so, I am going to remove all the current MLG's and start again.

As I have added the 3 switches to ripple fine, I think I need to make sure each part of the system has the correct MLG.

ben addison, Oct 11, 2012
Ask a Question