Strange Visuals in C-Touch Spectrum

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ariddell, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ariddell

ariddell

Hi,
    We've just taken delivery of one of the new C-Touch Spectrum screens and I've been having a play around with it to see how it compares to the other models.

Pretty impressive unit so far for the money and I think it goes a good way to bridge the gap for the type of people who want more up to date looking visuals beyond the B&W MK2 with B&W seen as being a bit old hat for some but without the cost of the full CTC.

I've been getting some strange visual effects however when programming the unit. When applying the Spectrum Navy theme and putting together some pretty basic default menus using the auto creation steps in piced and making sure all the unit options are set for the spectrum I'm getting a redish pink ring around the black buttons on the navy background when the project is transfered to the unit that do not appear in the piced project.

This is coming through for all the buttons, and the same thing happens when applying the active/inactive power icon images from the same theme into the pages - I get this red area coming through where there is transparency around the edges of the images. This is never shown in the project in piced when you are putting it together, only when the project is transfered into the unit itself.

I've not had a chance to see if this also happens in the other supplied themes in Piced as yet, but think this may be the way the unit is handling the transparency around buttons/images so is likely to be pretty universal.

Any thoughts on how to get the unit to display an accurate representation of the project as it appears in piced?

Thanks,

Al

ariddell, Oct 26, 2010
  2. ariddell

Newman

FAQ:
    Contents -> C-Touch Spectrum Unit -> Images

Newman, Oct 26, 2010
  3. ariddell

ariddell

Thanks for the location of the detail, makes sense and just one of those things we're just going to need to get used to dealing with when programing these in future by the sounds of it.

Presume this is as a result of the hardware being basically the same core as the MK2 B&W unit that wouldn't need to do blending?

Would it be possible to update the default themes in piced in future to pre-set the correct transparency values for the colour schemes? Might make it a bit slicker as i know a lot of people don't bother to do much customisation beyond picking one of the supplied themes and dropping in the control components from the supplied pre-defined ones.

Cheers,

Al

ariddell, Oct 26, 2010
  4. ariddell

Newman

The design is a derivative of the B&W MKII, so there are plenty of similarities.

I've just used the default theme to create a basic project and the default transparency colour is not causing any issues. Are you able to post and image of what you're seeing?

Newman, Oct 26, 2010
  5. ariddell

ariddell

Sorry, I'd followed the instructions and fixed the issue before i saw your post to grab some pictures of what it had done.

The transparency colour had defaulted to quite a bright pink for some reason.

I'll see if i can replicate the issue again from here but the screen's working a treat now and I must admit i'm very impressed with it as a product. Strikes a really good balance between price/capabilities I think and I'm liking the proximity sensor.

Cheers,

Al

ariddell, Oct 28, 2010
Ask a Question