Stored Scenes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Custom, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Custom

Custom

I have read several posts that talk about not storing all scenes in one unit i.e. touch screen, but to spread them around other input units. So if the touch screen fails you still have full usability of the system. What is the general consensus on this?

I have plenty of DLT's and Saturns to store scenes on as well as a touch screen. Is there anyway that you can store a scene on a DLT for example and not have to have that scene allocated to a button? If not then storing the scenes on the touch screen seems the best option and use remote triggering.

Custom, Mar 7, 2007
  2. Custom

Duncan

The scene can be stored.. but unless the Scene is assigned to a button on that DLT it cannot be triggered remotely (or locally for that matter)..

If I had a touchscreen I'd put all my scenes on there without losing any sleep.

Duncan, Mar 7, 2007
  3. Custom

Custom

So what you are saying is if the scene was stored and not assigned to a button the scene could not be accessed from anywhere on the network?

Thanks for you help Duncan

Custom, Mar 7, 2007
  4. Custom

Duncan

Yes.. thats right.

Duncan, Mar 7, 2007
  5. Custom

wanricky

In fact I had problem storing scene in DLT and tried to trigger it from touch screen. Firstly touch screen doesn't allow empty scene. Even I had a dummie address and level for it, it just doesn't work! It was last year and I couldn't remember exactly, but I end up having them stored in touch screen only, simply to make everything works.

wanricky, Mar 7, 2007
  6. Custom

Darren Senior Member

You don't need to use a Scene in the touch screen to trigger a Scene in a DLT. You just need a component on the touch screen with a preset to trigger the scene.

Darren, Mar 7, 2007
  7. Custom

wanricky

!! Thanks, I'll try!

In fact I tried using Preset and secondary Application address from a DLT to trigger a scene in C-Touch....and I didn't make it work neither...

wanricky, Mar 8, 2007
  8. Custom

ICS-GS

Hmmm... do we believe him???

ICS-GS, Mar 16, 2007
  9. Custom

Phil.H

Claudey and I commissioned a nice display facility in Rosehill, Sydney. There is a fully equiped C-Bus Enabled Homesafe, a PAC with very professional code ;), multi room audio etc and many many scenes. All the scenes in the place are accommodated in a single B&W ctouch in the comms room.
    Forgot there are 5 air conditioning systems throughout.
    The place has not missed a beat. Probably obvious seeing as I programmed the logic :D

Phil.H, Mar 16, 2007
Ask a Question