Stop Scenes.

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by Gunjin, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Gunjin

Gunjin

Please help me solve my problem.
    How can I stop the scene?

For example,
    Scene1 - Lighting : 100%
    Scene2 - Lighting : 10% , Ramp rate 5 mins.

1. Run scene1 first.
    2. When run scene2, lighting is dim down slowly.
    3. What should I do if I want to stop the scene running when it's enough down?

Thank you guys.

Gunjin, Jul 27, 2020
  2. Gunjin

chromus

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking for but it sounds like you may just be able to use the same trigger group for both scenes which if my take on your needs is correct should achieve what you want.

For example I have a trigger group in my ensuite, it controls, downlights, heating lamps, heated towel rail, fans, star lights and a light over the shower.

I use the same trigger group for all of the items, but have a scene for each of Shower, shave, demist and cold weather shower (which is the same as shower but has the heat lamps on and the towel rail on).

chromus, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Gunjin

Ashley

I think Gunjin wants to stop a scene part way through a ramp. That's a bit tricky.

For a single group ramping from a switch you can issue an endRamp micro function. This causes the switch to issue a set group command at it's current tracked level. Unfortunately there is no such thing as an endRamp for a scene.

The only thing I can think of is if you have a logic unit you could trigger a store scene followed by a set of the stored scene. I believe the store scene should store the current tracked values of the groups, but haven't ever confirmed that.

Must try it in my spare time sometime :)

Ashley, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Gunjin

Trevor

How about using logic to control the trigger group instead of 2 scenes, when first turned on, ramp up if not already ramping down and if ramping down hold at that level. But only if you have a logic engine somewhere to do it, you haven't indicated what type of system you have.

Trevor, Jul 28, 2020
  5. Gunjin

Ashley

How are you proposing to do that with a trigger group (or any other way)?

Ashley, Jul 28, 2020
  6. Gunjin

Trevor

Can't you use logic to control the existing scenes?

Trevor, Jul 28, 2020
  7. Gunjin

SgrAystar

To be able to intervene you have to be waiting with finger raised, so to speak, and 5 min is a long time to watch lighting levels slowly change.
    It almost sounds like the OP requires a set of GAs to behave like a single GA on a dimmer.
    If so he could achieve steps 2 & 3 with a master GA and logic for the remaining GAs/Scene to track the master. Not so helpful with the 5 min ramp rate though, that's a bit long to hold down a button ...

SgrAystar, Jul 29, 2020
  8. Gunjin

Gunjin

Yes, you are right.

I want to stop a running scenes.
    I still can't solve this.

Gunjin, Jul 29, 2020
  9. Gunjin

Gunjin

Thanks, Chromus.

I haven't used the trigger group yet. I will try your way.

Gunjin, Jul 29, 2020
  10. Gunjin

Ashley

The only 2 ways to stop a ramp at its current level is to issue a Terminate Ramp or a Set Lighting command at the current (ramped) level. Terminate Ramp commands aren't used anymore as delays on the bus caused different input/output units to end up with slightly different values (which would eventually be corrected by the mmi's). When a switch issues an end ramp micro function it actually outputs a set level command at it's currently internal tracked level. This ensures all device get the same value (also why you occasionally see a slight change in brightness when you release the switch if the bus is busy (or you are using wireless devices).

So to stop a scene you need to issue a Terminate Ramp command on each ga via a serial interface (difficult), or use logic to read all the current (ramped) levels and issue new set lighting commands at those levels.

That's why I suggested the store scene followed by a set scene. I'm not really sure though if the store scene uses the current ramped values of the final value. Of course to do this you need a logic engine.

Holding a switch in for 5 minutes is hardly practical, and would only work on a single ga.

I'm not exactly sure what people are suggesting using a trigger group though. All they can do is set another pre-defined scene.

Ashley, Jul 29, 2020
  11. Gunjin

Gunjin

Thank you for your kind. Actual time is about a minute. not 5 mins.
    Could you tell me, how to make up logic for this case?
    I am a beginner. so surely can't do well.

Gunjin, Jul 30, 2020
  12. Gunjin

Ashley

What logic device(s) do you have?

Ashley, Jul 30, 2020
  13. Gunjin

Gunjin

I have a touch screen.

Gunjin, Jul 30, 2020
Ask a Question