Sticky Mechs

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Bex, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Bex

Bex

Any advice on how to go about getting the new 30series mechs to not jam when in the C2000 series plates. Rather not have to get out my stanley knife and perform some macgyver operations!
    Also how the heck do you get them out again!

Bex, Jul 25, 2012
  2. Bex

Matthew

3 hands

Hi
    I've only installed the C-Bus 30 series mech's once but I use it every day and don't have a sticking problem. If it' only on one, then you may have a plate that has a moulding dag on it and a trim with a knife would be the best fix.

Getting them out is difficult, but IMO best to saccrifice the lower value plate rather then the more expensive mech. Use two small flat head screwdrivers to pry the locating tabs (on two adjacent sides) out of the receptacles in the plate while gently pushing the front of the mech from beneath. As I mentioned, you sort of need 3 hands....
    Look at a C-Bus 30 series mech, or even a standard one to see where the locating / retention tabs are.
    If no joy start weakening the securing receptacles on the back of the plate with your side cutters.

Hope that helps
    Cheers
    Matthew

Matthew, Aug 3, 2012
  3. Bex

Bex

Unfortunately this keeps happening again and again on so many jobs.
    The grid plates are just ever so slightly too tight for the mech so it pushes in the side tabs of the mech.

Bex, Aug 14, 2012
Ask a Question