Step by step HomeSafe 5400

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by zuiko, Dec 4, 2015.

1. zuiko

zuiko

Hello all,

I bought a house with a HomeSafe and C-BUS system that had remote key entry. With the time of year I haven't been able to get the original installers to address my needs.

The CBUS system was able to operate a door lock.

The old owners supplied two 4 button remotes that disarm the HomeSafe and unlock the front door. The AUX button also would open the garage door.

I wanted to insure that the old owners couldn't re-enter the house or garage but there was no master or installer code supplied to me.

I have only a very basic understanding of C-BUS.

I decided to reset the HomeSafe by opening the panel, taking off the Tamp jumper, disconnecting battery and using the P95-98E codes after setting a default installer and master code. I'll modify those later.

I programmed the radio keys back into the HomeSafe.

What I have gained:

1. security from rogue keys kept by old owners.
    2. Understanding of how to reset HomeSafe.

What I have lost:

1. Ability to unlock front door with radio key.
    2. AUX on radio key does not open garage.

I'd like to gain these back. I have tried P150E 1E to enable C-BUS.

I don't know what I need to do to get the front door unlock event linked to the disarm and to get the AUX button on the radio key to unlock the garage.

Finally the keypad is now showing all the zones 9-16 on the LCD constantly. These weren't showing before I did the reset.

Any help is appreciated.

zuiko, Dec 4, 2015
  2. zuiko

Roosta

Pity you did the reset.. You didnt need to, you could have just changed the codes even without the master or installer codes...

Obviously the best thing to do in my opinion would be to get someone in who knows what they are doing..

There are 3 things you probably need to address and i havent got a manual handy but can give you some tips..

For the garage door, you probably need to enable auxilary control from remote button, depending on which aux contact the garage door is connected on to.. When you find the option there is 2 to choose from, on/off or 2 sec pulse.. My guess would be the pulse..

For the control of the door lock it would be my guess that the door lock is wired up to a cbus relay channel, however it could be connected to one of the auxilary contacts of the alarm.. Depending which it is obviously what you need to do is different.. If you have a door unlock button on cbus, ie a way to unlock the door from cbus and it is still currently working then that would confirm my guess..

And lastly for the zone indicators on the alarm, you probably just need to disable the zones 9-16 from being factored into the alarm.. Something in the manual around instant zones is probably wat u might be after..

Cheers..

Roosta, Dec 4, 2015
  3. zuiko

zuiko

I did regret the reset afterwards tbh.

For reference can you tell me how to change the codes without resetting? I looked at every manual and trying everything before I reset. Obviously didn't search hard enough.

I think the garage door is controlled through the C-BUS system but I can open the HomeSafe panel and look again at the AUX connections or find it by trial and error.

The door lock is indeed a CBUS relay since I see the command on other eDLT panels near the foyer.

I have installed CBUS Toolkit but have not connected it to the Network interface yet. Will try that tomorrow to see what is present on the network and I may be able to figure it out.

The previous owner really hasn't used the CBUS to the same extent I would have. The scenes are rudimentary and don't include things like a Goodbye or Welcome scene etc.

Thank you for the starter on this and guidelines, anything more specific would be very welcome.

zuiko, Dec 4, 2015
  4. zuiko

Roosta

I am not too keen on publishing how to get around user codes on the alarms as it could be used to exploit the systems.. Its quite scary how quickly most alarms can be disabled..

With the garage door I dont believe that the alarm has the functionality of being able to issue a cbus command directly from the auxilary button, unless a cbus bus coupler has been installed connected to the auxilary terminal, which would technically be doubling up to achieve the same result.. P122-4 is the command I would try first to get the aux button on the remote to pulse the aux 2 output.

With the door lock you will need to use toolkit to find out the details of the cbus group address that switches the door to unlock.. You will need the application number, and the group address number.. Once you have those you can program the detail required into the alarm panel by using the required details in the homesafe cbus supplement manual..

And the instant zone command for your 9-16 zones is P40..

Cheers..

Roosta, Dec 4, 2015
  5. zuiko

zuiko

Hi Roosta,

Thanks for the steps.

P122E 4E got the AUX button opening the garage again.

The P40E <zone> E did not change the LCD display zones at all.

In disarmed mode the zones between 1-8 show on and go off as movement is detected. Zones 9-16 are still constantly on and display continuously.

Seems like it isnt an instant zone setting. Any other ideas?

I also noticed there are two NESS RKP wireless keypads downstairs and they need to be linked back. I am familiar with the radio device registration process but need to find out which button to press on the NESS RKP to register it.

Thank you again. Getting there slowly.

Yet to do the toolkit hookup to get the door going but that should be straight forward.

zuiko, Dec 6, 2015
  6. zuiko

zuiko

When I'm there next I'll try P125E to turn off hardwired zones.

Edit: the P125E <zone> E made the zones disappear on the LCD display. I'm assuming they were unused and not terminated with a resistor load.

Almost there now. Thanks again for the guidelines.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2015
    zuiko, Dec 6, 2015
  7. zuiko

zuiko

Im hoping this question is an easy one.

On arming the system is giving a 2 second siren blast at the end of the exit period. I know this is to tell me there is an auto exclude of an unsealed zone.

I know I can turn that off but I want to know which zone is being auto excluded.

Is there a way of finding out?

zuiko, Dec 7, 2015
  8. zuiko

rhamer

Do you have the Homesafe programming software?

Much easier than using the keypad for programming.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Dec 7, 2015
  9. zuiko

zuiko

I've seen the software at http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads

But couldn't see anything particular to Homesafe.

Yesterday I was able to fix the auto exclude by switching off zone 7 that appears to have had the problem.

Also discovered that the two Ness RKP remote wireless keypads had their own setup to do and reset them and was able to get them both registered in the panel.

Will need to map the zones and find out which controls which etc. I'm kind of surprised the original owner supplied no details on this at all and the installer if there was one hasn't documented anything. I suspect the owner who was a technical type did it him/her self.

Anyhow I'm slowly getting there. The RKP devices have new user codes but don't seem to disarm except if the master code is used.

I'd like to know which software is HomeSafe based and maybe the direct link.

zuiko, Dec 7, 2015
  10. zuiko

rhamer

rhamer, Dec 7, 2015
  11. zuiko

zuiko

Thank you everyone. I'm on the verge of a fully set up system.

I just can't get the door lock happening with the Unlock on the 4 key radio remote fob.

I have enabled P150E 1E

I have then tried a number of C-BUS programming attempts to get it to send the command to the C-BUS system.

On Saturn switches the Door Lock function is on Lighting Application Group 086 and those switches are set to a Timer/Toggle and work fine.

On the HomeSafe I have tried:

P151E 71 1 16 086 010 E

And

P151E 98 1 16 086 010 E

And neither work.

Any clues on how I can get Homesafe to activate the Door Lock?

Note: The Door Lock is on a Clipsal 2 Channel Voltage Free Relay Unit which shows in the C-BUS Toolkit.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
    zuiko, Dec 14, 2015
Ask a Question