Spectrum Touchscreen "Transparent" Component

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by mattyb, Feb 17, 2012.

1. mattyb

mattyb

G'day all

I have a button component that indicates a Group Address status, which is configured without borders, text or images - it uses only the Background Status Indication.

The active back ground colour is set to 'none' and the inactive colour is the same as the page background.

I am using this component as an overlay to hide some indicators when it's Group Address is off and then reveal them when the Group Address is on.

It works as I expect in Piced but when I load the project to the touchscreen the indicators underneath are always visible i.e. it doesn't change to the background colour in the inactive state.

I'm using Piced 4.10.0.0 and the Spectrum firmware is 3.61.0.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Feb 17, 2012
  2. mattyb

Newman

I hope this isn't stating the obvious, but have you tried configuring the indicators you're trying to hide so that they're only visible when the group is actually on? You would have no need for the overlaid component if you did it this way and would be simpler, not requiring the extra component.

The Spectrum is not a full blown PC so it doesn't have the sophisticated overlay control of a PC. This may explain the difference you're seeing. It's also worth checking the Translucency colour for your project (Project Details -> C-Touch tab). It may be that the button component is being made transparent when it's downloaded to the Spectrum.

Newman, Feb 20, 2012
  3. mattyb

Darren Senior Member

I have just tried this with the latest version of PICED and Spectrum firmware and it works correctly.

Can you provide exact steps for us to reproduce this, or send project to Tech Support and get them to pass it on to me (with details of how to see fault)?

Darren, Feb 21, 2012
  4. mattyb

mattyb

Ah, thanks Newman - it's the Translucency that's the issue, it's set as the same colour as my back ground!

And thanks for running that little experiment Darren, I really appreciate your help.

Cheers

Matt

mattyb, Feb 21, 2012
Ask a Question