Spectrum, SENPIRIA and timed dimming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fredinver, Apr 7, 2011.

1. fredinver

fredinver

Hi new to Cbus and have mastered the basics.
    I have a couple of dimmers, one 4 channel and one 8 chennel, a Spectrum touch pad and a couple of senpiria in the toilets.
    What I would like to do is have the toilet lights (leds) dimmed based on time as well as the automatic switch off after timeout. evening time to come on at 70%, night after 10pm to come on at <50% and full brightness after sunrise. The lights are only switched by the sensors and on toilet has a fan operated off the sensor which runs for longer than the light.
    I have faound a thread using logic and schedule but all this appears to do is bring the light on at the reduced level at the set time. I think I have trouble with the groups.

Pointing me to a thread would be fine.

fredinver, Apr 7, 2011
  2. fredinver

Newman

The easiest way to do this is using the logic contained within the dimmers.

In the dimmer you go to the logic tab and create a new group called something like Toilet Light Level Logic. Tick the box to link this logic group with your toilet light channel. Make sure the radio button beneath the column where you placed the tick is set to Min. I like to set the recovery level to 100% too, so that after a power failure the toilet light brightness is always set to max. See attached.

In your Spectrum create some schedules that set this Toilet Light Level Logic group to your desired maximum level at the various times of day.

By doing this, the maximum brightness of the toilet light will be limited according to your schedules.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011
    Newman, Apr 8, 2011
  3. fredinver

fredinver

Thanks Newman,
    Works a treat, I was trying to have it run for a set period at a % rather than just set it to a % level at a given time. Your answer is just what I needed and I used sunrise to set it back to ON.

fredinver, Apr 9, 2011
  4. fredinver

Newman

Changing the duration of time that the lights are on, when the person exits, is another kettle of fish all together, and quite a bit more complicated.

There's an example of how to do it in logic, assuming your Spectrum has Logic, here.

Newman, Apr 9, 2011
Ask a Question