Speakers Question!

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by BigBoyVn, Jun 26, 2010.

1. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

Dear All,

I have a little knowlegde on Audio System. I did search and learn from Google, but I still not have answer for following question and I am really need your help:

+ MRA amplifier just have power rating of 25W. How can they match with Clipsal speaker of 60W?
    As google says:
    - if speaker have lower power rating, it can be hamfull
    - if amplifier have lower power rating, speaker may not reproduce some freqencies.

+ How big a room that 25W MRA amplifier can provide audio with good quality and sound volume?

+ I connect 4 x 6W ceiling speaker? Is this work well?

Thank you very much for your help!
    BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn, Jun 26, 2010
  2. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

Connect normal amplifier to MRA amplifier

Hi All,

MRA amplifier is 25W power rating.
    May I connect a normal amplifier, Denon for example, to the Zone Out of MRA Amplifier to get more power for the high power speakers.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

BigBoyVn, Jun 26, 2010
  3. BigBoyVn

Newman

Yes, the zone output can be connected to any amplifier, as you describe.

Regarding the output power, if you're talking about a house, then 25W is HEAPS for any typical room. The actual volume output you get from the C-Bus amps connected to the Clipsal speakers is very impressive. At max volume on a couple of zones it's so loud you'd probably have to get out of the house.

I suggest you go to a Clipsal PowerHouse in your capital city to listen to the system before spending extra on additional amplifiers.

Newman, Jun 27, 2010
  4. BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn

Use 1 amplifier for 3 rooms?

Dear Mr.NewMan,

In case I want to use 1 amplifier for 3 rooms.

Means:
    + 2 speakers, 8ohms for each room
    + 3 rooms connected in parrallel.
    + Tottal resistance is about 16/3ohms

Would you please advise about the speakers power rating in this case to get enough sound volume for each rooms.

Thank you very much!
    BigBoyVn

BigBoyVn, Jun 27, 2010
  5. BigBoyVn

Nik

Hey BigBoyVn,

In that instance you would be best to use 3 amplifiers, 1 for each room.. Have one as a master and the rest as slaves..

Or use one amp as the master and have the zone out running to a seperate amplifier thazt is powerful enough to operate the 3 sets of speakers..

Be careful when doing multiple rooms off one amp/ multiple amps in master/slave as it is sometimes not the best idea to only have one volume level across 3 rooms..

Ideally you would set them up as 3 seperate zones.. Gives individual volume and individual source control..

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Jun 27, 2010
  6. BigBoyVn

Newman

As you connect more speakers to an amplifier channel, the amount of power that each speaker sees is reduced. Running all 6 speakers off a single amplifier channel is almost certainly not going to give you the volume you're looking for.

The only way to know whether you've got enough power to listen to multiple speakers off a single amplifier channel (once impedance has been correctly handled) is to test it for yourself.

The best way to do it is to give each room it's own amplifier and zone. That way you can choose to have different audio playing in different rooms. It also will give you plenty of power for each pair of speakers.

Newman, Jun 28, 2010
Ask a Question