Spacelogic Dali Controller Dimming

Discussion in 'DALI Software' started by Ks04, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi There,

Wondering if anyone has tried the new spacelogic dali controller can comment on if the dimming works better now with the EDLTs - previously there was a delay vs the screen or you had to force the timings on the drivers to align - is this now a better experience?

Any other changes vs the previous DALI controller worth exploring?

Ks04, Jun 7, 2022
  2. Ks04

Dasman

Considering how long I have spent working with this the new DALI-2 Gateway, I never really bothered to test it with an eDLT.

I just connected one up to my test bench and can confirm that ramping works great with it now, compared to the previous DALI Gateway. I am also happy to answer any other questions about the gateway too if you are interested

Dasman, Jun 10, 2022
  3. Ks04

Matthew

Hi
    A little of track, but did anyone have a solution for the disparity between the DALi diming rate on the old DALi gateway? I have it on a regular old pushbutton, not related to the touch screen.
    When you push to dimm up or down the light ramps really quick, when you take your finger off the button the ramp keeps going then it jumps back to a level that was comparable with how long you hold the button.

Matthew, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Ks04

Ks04

Set the ramp rate on the driver to 4 secs and turn off “match ramp rates” on the DALI gateway gets it reasonably close on the old gateway. Just means you’re always stuck with 4 sec ramp rate.

what was the approach on the new gateways?

Ks04, Jun 14, 2022
  5. Ks04

Nobes

I can also confirm the dimming on new gateways is fine, spacelogic software on the other hand.....

Nobes, Jun 30, 2022
  6. Ks04

Lliam

Yes I am currently experiencing the steaming pile of garbage that is the spacelogic commissioning software

Lliam, May 11, 2023
Ask a Question