Spacelogic CBUS commissioning software and the new 5502CDGP230

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lliam, May 11, 2023.

1. Lliam

Lliam

Has anybody had any experiencing getting the new 5502CDGP230 (Dali PSU and Gateway in one) up and running with the new Spacelogic Commissioning software?

I am having a horrible time and it has taken me hours just to work out how to get one DALI light up and running with control from the cbus network. The software is garbage to put it bluntly, seems unfinished and is not user friendly at all.

I resorted to addressing and grouping the DALI light using old reliable tridonic master configurator then eventually managing to do the bare minimum of mapping the cbus to dali groups with the commissioning software.

Is there any other software available to do the mapping that works with the 5502CDGP230 or are we stuck with this new software?

I honestly can't believe that Schneider would release such bad software to commission hardware that costs $700 to $800 each. I have 3 projects coming up that I have already purchased the 5502CDGP230 for and I am not looking forward to using this software onsite.

PS: Apologies for putting this in general but was not sure what it falls under (dali, cbus hardware or cbus software).

Lliam, May 11, 2023
  2. Lliam

Wonkey

Suggest you talk to SE tech support, make sure you get through to C-Bus support.

Wonkey, May 11, 2023
  3. Lliam

lcrowhurst

Have you take the training course. It’s unbelievably amazing software

lcrowhurst, May 11, 2023
  4. Lliam

-BG-

Yes unfortunately I have a very similar story, 3 large projects using these, 2 complete and 1 ongoing. I have used the RAPIX software for addressing as using Spacelogic Commissioning for addressing is extremely tedious and time consuming. I have also had issues with the software crashing, DALI Units becoming Un-Reconciled when re opening the project, logic groups not working, Units falling to update, and very slow performance.

I did speak to tech support late last year who where helpful at the time and told me an update would be released mid this year but time will tell.

Very happy with the hardware but with the software in the state it is in, it has become slower over all to complete Dali insulations.

-BG-, May 12, 2023
  5. Lliam

noyzey

apparently the software is still in Beta

noyzey, May 18, 2023
Ask a Question