Spa Pool Temperature Control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colin Smith, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

I have been asked to integrate the temperature control of a spa pool to an existing C-Touch (Currently "basic stand-alone spa controller" with no interface).

Client wants to see current water temperature and adjustment of temperature that they have set. (coding I have no problem with - open to suggestions though)

Probably the trickiest part will be finding a suitable temperature sensor (recommendations please) that I can integrate. I am expecting the sensor will be inserted in the return flow pipe because it will indicate the spa temperature not the temp from the heater

Does anyone have experience they can share or recommendations of kit to use. (Must integrate with C-Bus)

I was expecting to use A to D interface and relay for heater circuit, but I can no longer find the C-bus A/D input unit? Does it still exist?

Colin Smith, Feb 5, 2011
  2. Colin Smith

Newman

The C-Bus General Input Unit certainly still exists, 5504GI. It can take very wide variety of inputs, for example 0-5V, 4-20mA and can accept some thermocouples directly.

Newman, Feb 5, 2011
  3. Colin Smith

znelbok

znelbok, Feb 5, 2011
Ask a Question