SONY Remote Operating Multisensor

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by Colin Smith, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith

Had an odd fault today. Thought I would mention it as an heads up, it may help someone track a problem at some stage.

I have a client that when they press channel button '2' on their SONY TV remote, it was toggling their lounge lights. (Not every time though).

While I was installing, testing and playing with the system, I had the multisensor programmed so that it would toggle the lights if it ever saw the B4 code. Knowing that they did not have a Clipsal remote capable of issuing the B4 code I left the multisensor programmed that way.

It was not intended as a feature. :rolleyes:

Colin Smith, Sep 24, 2009
  2. Colin Smith

Newman

This is one of those things that is just genuinely coincidence. The IR codes used by the Multisensor are fairly short, as are the majority of IR codes used by Sony.

Most IR devices use a tolerance of at least 10% on the timing of the in-coming signal and it sounds like the Channel Button 2 on the Sony remote is sufficiently close to get through on the odd occasion.

Using IR Banks CD on the Multisensor with a 5038TX would also solve the problem.

Newman, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question