Somfy RTS transmitter

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Nobes, May 31, 2021.

1. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Guys,

I have the RS485 link to the Somfy RTS transmitter working successfully, thanks to the scripting module from Schneider.It was pretty simple in the end.

However I am getting a bit of a hit and miss on some blinds when I trigger an event via a scene.
    In other words, all 12 blinds open and close individually via the visualisation without hiccup.

But if I create an all open and all close scene and trigger that scene, some of the blinds don't operate. it's like the scene runs too quickly?
    It logs, in the object log tab.

Anyone else run across this?

Chris.

Nobes, May 31, 2021
  2. Nobes

Pie Boy

Never used before but, sounds like the commands are coming too fast out the shac the rts is missing commands when you put them In a scene.

I’ve never used the rts, is it possible to make the scene in the rts (or on the somfy side) then trigger one command for the group?

Are there any errors in the error log

you could also try a event script instead of a scene,
    Create a dummy object and have the script run on any change, then manually set each command with a delay in between etc, although this may not be what you want as all the blinds will be going up/down at different rates

Do they provide any info on the script module and it’s limitations?

Pie Boy, May 31, 2021
  3. Nobes

Barry24

I have been using a Somfy RTS transmitter for some time and have a 1 second (probably overkill) delay between commands. That works fine for me as I am only ever writing 1 or 2 serial messages at a time, but may not be practical if you are sending commands for 12 blinds.
    Another option to consider if you are regularly sending commands to all 12 (or a grouped subset) is to add these blinds into a separate channel on the RTS transmitter (e.g. channel 0). You could then send a single serial message to the transmitter to activate the defined group.
    The RTS Transmitter has 16 channels, so if you have used 12, you have the option to create 4 custom groups.

Barry24, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Barry,
    I didn't realise you could group an RTS blind into more than one group. I'll have to check that out, might be the best option. I don't think I can add a delay in a scene on the SHAC, but scripting is probably a work around

Nobes, Jun 14, 2021
  5. Nobes

Barry24

Hi Chris
    When you pair the RTS Transmitter with a blind, it is the blind that is storing the frequency of the transmitter (whether this is the RS485 transmitter or a standard remote).
    By providing multiple blinds with the same RTS Transmitter channel frequency, you are effectively grouping these blinds to operate whenever that RS485 channel is used.

Due to the location of my RTS transmitter (out of sight of the blind) I had trouble pairing some of the blinds as I couldn't see them 'jog'. The helpful people at Somfy pointed out that the SET_CHANNEL frame is the same as pressing the 'program' button on a somfy remote. I simply added the writing of that frame via RS485 as another trigger action, and using homebridge, I was able to walk around the house pairing each blind to the required RTS transmitter channels.

Barry24, Jun 16, 2021
  6. Nobes

potato

Barry and Pie Boy are correct, the commands are coming out too fast for the serial connection.

The Schneider module, while good, doesn't have any support for buffering and queuing commands to the serial port.
    Barry's solution of a delay between commands will be suitable, the minimum delay needs to be 0.42s as that is the time approx. to send one command to the RTS gateway, however we found that this was hit and miss and found 0.7s to be more reliable, albeit not bulletproof.

This approach presents a problem though, if your user interface presents many blind controls on the one page the delay won't stop the user hitting the controls to multiple blinds in under 5 seconds and causing the same issue with the serial bus.

A solution would be to convince Schneider to rewrite the module to include a data buffer, or rewrite the entire script yourself including a data buffer, this will require interpreting the Somfy serial protocol documents and adapting the lua script to suit. The Somfy protocol documents can be found fairly easy if you google 'Somfy RTS RS485 protocol'.

Good luck, I suffered plenty of pain with the RTS gateway on a particular customers site early last year.

potato, Jun 24, 2021
  7. Nobes

sjfp

Hi, looking for Schneider's script module for the Somfy rs485 gateway mentioned in the post.
    Can anyone share or point in the direction for me to download

sjfp, Nov 17, 2021
  8. Nobes

Weedo

Hi all,

As with sjfp I'm looking to get my hands on the Schneider somfy module.
    Anyone able to pass it on?

Thanks,
    BW

Weedo, May 5, 2022
  9. Nobes

Nobes

The forum won't allow me to upload the file. You friendly rep should be able to send you the link, but here is the config doc.

Attached Files:

Nobes, May 5, 2022
    Timbo likes this.
  10. Nobes

Nobes

Try changing the extension of this file to: .tar.gz

Attached Files:

Nobes, May 5, 2022
  11. Nobes

Nobes

and this one too

Attached Files:

Nobes, May 5, 2022
  12. Nobes

Dasman

Nothing like reviving an old thread.

Good news, I already did the suffering, and I am looking for a few places to do some testing

Chris, if you are still playing around with Somfy RTS to NAC/SHAC, let me know ;)

Dasman, Jun 1, 2022
  13. Nobes

Nobes

received thanks Darren.

Nobes, Jun 1, 2022
  14. Nobes

sjfp

been using SE script successfully on five blinds I have at home which use the Somfy 124028B Roll Up Basic 28 WF RTS Li-ion motor. Having an issue now with trying to add an additional 3 blinds to the RS485 transmitter. They just don't seem to pair with the transmitter
    These new blinds use the Somfy 1241442A RU Basic 28 WF RTS Li-ion ll, I there a compatibility issue between motor type and the protocol used in the SE script,
    Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

sjfp, Jun 30, 2022
  15. Nobes

Nobes

They are both the RTS system, so I don't see why it would be a problem.

Nobes, Jun 30, 2022
  16. Nobes

sjfp

That's what I thought, but they just will not pair.
    Out of curiosity tried a the old somfy remote (telis 4) to pair with the new blinds and won't pair, then tried the new situo 5 to pair with the older blinds, and they won't pair either.
    Have tried Somfy tech to Confirm but waiting response. But from my testing, don't think they are compatible. Just hope there's something else wrong.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    sjfp, Jul 1, 2022
Ask a Question