Somfy RS 485 and RTS blinds

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by lennyb, Aug 16, 2013.

1. lennyb

lennyb

Before I start ordering and prewiring I want to see if anyone else has experience with this setup.

The RS 485 RTS controller can send a wireless command to an RTS blind to control it. To interface with the RS 485 controller it looks like I can use a RS 485 connection, or use the dry contacts with a switch/relay.

I have a PAC module and could wire that with an adaptor from RS 232 to the RS 485, then programme some loginc using the somfy protocol. Failing that (my ability to programme the protocol), could I use the dry contacts with a c-bus relay in place of a somfy wired switch? Obviously not ideal as it would require several relays. Looks like a momentary up + Com, or down + com, or both + com will control the up/down and stop commands.

Has anyone interfaced with the RS 485 using a PICED device? If so can you share some code you've used to control the blinds. Is there any way to track the position of the blinds if they have been moved via C-Bus, like storing a variable each time a button is pressed? I could do away with the Somfy RTS remotes so all control would go through the c-bus set up to help keep track.

I'm planning on running 240v mains to the RTS motors as the blinds are pretty long. Do I need just mains wiring to the blind motor or is there some wired control need too (not sure if RTS is 100% wireless control).

Thanks.

lennyb, Aug 16, 2013
Ask a Question