Somfy Blind control

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fatso, Jan 19, 2020.

1. fatso

fatso

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help, i did a Cbus installation a couple of years ago and i installed 3 x Cbus L5501RBCP blind controllers as the customer was having blinds in the future but didnt know when or what. I ran a 3core 230v cable and a cat5 to each blind.
    They have contacted me recently and said the blinds have been measured and are being fitted next week, now they have no info on them other than they are Somfy motors and the installer is going to get them working on a remote and thinks they just plug in to a scoket, i am concerned that using these i will not be able to hardwire into the Blind controller? and will have to be controlled wirelessly.
    Has anyone come across this and can offer advice?. Many thanks

fatso, Jan 19, 2020
  2. fatso

znelbok

Yup - this is pretty common. Supply power and the use the remote to do the control - not compatible with C-Bus.

You need to make sure the motor spec'd is a 230V motor (4 wire inc. earth) - and you may have not run the right cable either - its a 3C+E cable (not sure if you are counting the earth in your 3 core cable).

I dont know the Somfy range of motors but if they can't offer a simple 230VAC motor then the blind controllers will be of no use. You would then need to look into the Somfy bus system and get control via a HA controller and C-Bus.

znelbok, Jan 19, 2020
  3. fatso

fatso

Hi Znelbok, cheers for the reply, i thought this was going to be the case, ive got to break it to the customer now that the cbus blind controlers are of no use. Ive ran a 3core and earth pvc cable so should be covered in that sense. will just have to wire into a fused spur. I did tell the customer to get in touch with me at the design stage but they didn't and now they are all ordered. thanks

fatso, Jan 19, 2020
  4. fatso

Ashley

Somfy have Cbus compatible motors for most of their range which are interchangeable with the remote control motors. If you are quick you might be able to get them changed. The Cbus motors are generally slightly cheaper than the remote control motors.

Ashley, Jan 19, 2020
  5. fatso

fatso

Superb, thanks Ashley, i will get on to it first thing, fingers crossed, cheers

fatso, Jan 19, 2020
Ask a Question