Somfey Blinds into C-Bus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Doug, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Doug

NickD Moderator

I'm curious - can you explain the reason for this requirement? I hear it a lot but without any technical explanation.

I haven't pulled a motor apart, but I assume they're geared down... is it to allow for the gearbox to stop before changing direction?

Nick

NickD, Jul 17, 2007
  2. Doug

eleroAustralia

Below how the motor is wired on the inside.
    The capacitor would discharge on top of incomming voltage and put extra voltage on the motor winding, thus burning it out over time. (Same reason why parallel wiring is usually not allowed)
    o.5 seconds is just a timing that has been established as a standard by all tubular motor manufacturers that I am aware of.

Additionally, the bigger the motors, shut down is not immediate and the motor acts like a generator, putting that on top as well.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2007
    eleroAustralia, Jul 17, 2007
  3. Doug

fleetz

Cheers for that I have been in contact with Michael Powell and awaiting some information he is going to email. Your product look interesting and will give Somfy a run for their money....but only if you are more competitive.

Fleetz

fleetz, Jul 18, 2007
  4. Doug

discjockeyr

Hello,

i know that the tread is old but i found usefull information. I have a quastion and hope to have a reply. Dear Guru in post 29 in the attached files i read the diagram about changeover relays. can you do the same as diagram 1 and instead change over relay use a voltage free replay?
    Thanks, and hope that get an answer even if this topic is too old.

discjockeyr, Mar 16, 2008
  5. Doug

NickD Moderator

I think if you follow the wiring in Figure 1 (or read the document) you'll see that the changeover relay for the UP direction is necessary to provide the interlocking so that UP and DOWN cannot be powered simultaneously, so the answer is No.

Nick

NickD, Mar 16, 2008
Ask a Question