Something new....finally

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matthew, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Matthew

lcrowhurst

Shac

The resulting interface is like a combination of Wiser and Homegate. User created layouts on the iPad and pc etc, and system generated on the iPhone. In a lot of ways its similar to wiser and home gate and in others it is very different. Ive only had a change to play with it for a few hours, but so far my impressions are its "Pretty Bloody Good".

It seems to run well in safari, chrome, edge . On the iPad Ive ended up running it in a Full screen web browser app, rather than having address bars etc.

Luckily with the icons (unlike with Wiser) you can create your own , so your not stuck with the "lovely" wiser green.

Items such as sliders are auto created just by saying the "object" - cbus group/button is a slider. And pops up when the button is pressed which is a great feature.

IMG_0005.jpg

Attached Files:

lcrowhurst, Jul 20, 2017
  2. Matthew

rikaussie

Looks great! Where can we order one? Are they in stock? Confusing as there is still no documentation on the Clipsal website.

rikaussie, Jul 21, 2017
  3. Matthew

DarylMc

Laurence and Daniel
    Thanks very much for the info and screenshots.

DarylMc, Jul 21, 2017
  4. Matthew

lcrowhurst

I think the official release is next month, that may be why there is no information at the moment.

I got mine though Myse.

lcrowhurst, Jul 21, 2017
  5. Matthew

jasonson

There is a launch party in Brisbane on Wednesday night.

jasonson, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Matthew

DarylMc

I'd like to go if anyone has details.

DarylMc, Jul 30, 2017
  7. Matthew

DarylMc

It looks like it will be a handy device.
    In my case I think it can replace a Colour Touch Screen and Homebridge software some time in the future.
    Voice control via Smartvoice looks promising especially if they get SIRI running.

DarylMc, Aug 3, 2017
  8. Matthew

Matthew

They are out there

I ordered one through my wholesaler in July.
    It's still sitting in the box, had too much work on, no time to play with it yet.
    I was told there is stock in Sydney.

Matthew, Aug 20, 2017
  9. Matthew

matthewe2108

Any info on this new product would be great. Is this a replacement for the Wiser 2 system? or will it run along side of it?

cheers Matt

matthewe2108, Aug 21, 2017
  10. Matthew

GDR

I too would love some more info on the new 5500SHAC/LSS5500SHAC. Is there anyone in Schneider/Clipsal that I could contact?

GDR, Aug 25, 2017
  11. Matthew

lcrowhurst

Shac

Hi Matt

In my opinion yes it does replace the Wiser

It has very similar functionality (although programmed differently)

You can create scenes, schedules and logic

You design the interface layout for pc/ipad (it is not generated like the wiser) this enables a very flexible user interface with floor plans, back ground imaged of rooms etc.

The iPhone interface is generated.

all interfaces are via webpages so no apps to install.

I have just converted (manually recreated everything) a project done in Homegate over to a SHAC. This conversion included all UI features including floor plans , where you could visually turn on/off heated floors, aircon etc. Scenes, schedules and logic code.

Although it took a while to redo i was able to recreate (and improve on) the whole homegate project. It was relatively easy to do, even with no documentation, and the lua code examples make it easy to convert over the pascal code from homegate/wiser.

For a version one product (it is based on the scada platform) it works amazingly well, I will not be installing wiser or homegate in any future projects I will use SHAC.

I believe all technical info is on the Ecoexpert site.

lcrowhurst, Aug 26, 2017
  12. Matthew

GDR

Data Sheet and Quick Start Guides

I contacted Schneider about the new Wiser units, and they sent back the data sheets and quick start guides for the SHAC and NAC - I've attached the SHAC files.

Interestingly, the guide is from February, so these have been kicking around for at least 6 months.

I'm still trying to find out the difference between the 5500SHAC and LSS5500SHAC

Attached Files:

GDR, Aug 28, 2017
  13. Matthew

NickD Moderator

Purely branding... the LSS version is branded as Schneider Electric for other markets.

Nick

NickD, Aug 28, 2017
  14. Matthew

daniel C-Busser Moderator

From the tech sheet: "Front cover USB connection for direct connection to product (fixed IP address 192.168.254.10)."

For those who like the gritty detail: when you plug the USB in, the RNDIS drivers built into Windows create a virtual network adapter (alongside whatever physical network adapters you already have). So this connection method is still more like a CNI than a PCI. It doesn't actually require the serial port drivers & libraries that the PCI & USB PCI needed.

So if anyone tries this on Linux/Mac platforms let us know how you go. If it doesn't work out you can always connect in the traditional CNI manner.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2017
    daniel, Aug 30, 2017
  15. Matthew

matthewe2108

So you cannot connect to this product wirelessly like the wiser 2? And will have to be connected via the USB at all times. Would I be able to keep the wiser 2 and the new Wiser automation controller together on the same network? To be able to access piced and toolkit wirelessly is fantastic.

matthewe2108, Aug 30, 2017
  16. Matthew

DarylMc

I did go to the product release but I only know a little about it.
    Others can explain more.

So you cannot connect to this product wirelessly like the wiser 2?
    Yes you can

And will have to be connected via the USB at all times.
    No

Would I be able to keep the wiser 2 and the new Wiser automation controller together on the same network?
    I'm not sure if anyone would need to.

To be able to access piced and toolkit wirelessly is fantastic.
    Wireless configuration will still work if you have wireless.
    CBus configuration is supported via ethernet.
    All the programming is done through the built in web server on this device.
    You may not even need to use Piced anymore.

Speaking of not needing software I wonder if the gadget can run Toolkit equivalent via web server?

DarylMc, Aug 30, 2017
  17. Matthew

NickD Moderator

I think you have misunderstood.

When you connect the the USB on the front panel, it presents as a network adapter so that you can use a browser to connect the the unit's webserver UI. It also presents the C-Bus interface as a CNI so you can plug into the unit and access the connected C-Bus network.

In normal operation, the unit has a wired ethernet connection, which would be connected the your LAN (which one would assume you also have the ability to connect to wirelessly), through which you can access the unit itself, and the CNI.

Unlike Wiser2 the unit does not have its own wireless adapter, so you have to run wired ethernet connection to it.

Nick

NickD, Aug 30, 2017
  18. Matthew

jonnyp64

So apparently this was launched at Integrate on Tuesday (or depending on what you read or hear, its more like a relaunch). Was anyone on here invited to the launch, what criteria was required for an invite and most importantly is Clipsal telling anyone other than what seems like a secrete society, about this product officially and maybe release a few details about it-officially- and where we can order one from-officially?

jonnyp64, Aug 30, 2017
  19. Matthew

daniel C-Busser Moderator

The automation controller is a regular ethernet device, you use it just like a CNI. The 'Front Cover USB Connection' feature I was highlighting is an alternative connection method that you can use if you don't have an ethernet infrastructure in place.

You can have it on the same ethernet and/or C-Bus network as Wiser 2 if you want - for example while you are porting your logic code from Pascal to Lua it would be useful to compare the logic on one and then the other.

daniel, Aug 31, 2017
  20. Matthew

Matthew

Not me
    Not known
    Yes, a rep had a display unit and went over it with me yesterday.
    Try any wholesaler, they won't be on the shelf but they can order them in

Matthew, Aug 31, 2017
Ask a Question