Some questions (NIRT)

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by davlat, Jul 1, 2009.

1. davlat

davlat

1) Anybody can give me information about structure of IR sign
    2) What maximal distance from the receiver must be emitter and what about length about cable of leads?
    3) how many devices can be ruled by one IR emitter?

davlat, Jul 1, 2009
  2. davlat

Newman

Newman, Jul 2, 2009
  3. davlat

wappinghigh

I'd also like to know the answers to this..

Hi Mr Newman. The link provided doesn't seem to work :confused: and I've tried to find the info on CIS but can't..

Also can IR blasters be used with the NIRT...I want to send an IR signal around a meter across "air" towards an aircon unit using something like this...

http://www.xantech.com/files/manuals/126_38020.pdf

Would this IR blaster work? Can the simple emitters do this??

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    wappinghigh, Jul 12, 2009
  4. davlat

Newman

Sorry about the second link, not sure what happened there. The link to the Installation Instructions is:
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/page/428/IR Transmitter Unit Installation Instructions2.pdf

If that doesn't work for you, you can find the 5034NIRT by browsing to this link instead, selecting Output Units, selecting the Infra-red Output Unit and then clicking on the link to the installation instructions.

The important points there are:
    1) The IR Emitter jacks are not isolated from C-Bus. As such, you need to be careful with any extensions and any other devices you connect to them to ensure that the isolation requirements of C-Bus are preserved. They should not be grounded or connected to a voltage source.
    2) Extension leads can be up to 50m long if you use the right sort of cable and the capacitance is kept below 10nF.

It's hard to give an exact figure on the range of the standard emitters because it depends upon the IR protocol used and the receiver sensitivity in the target device. The Xantech 8050LD's do have a high output and low output side, so it would be fairly easy to test.

None of those referenced Xantech products seem to mention anything about isolation, so it is most likely the case that they are not isolated, so the output from the 5034NIRT could not be directly connected to them.

Newman, Jul 13, 2009
  5. davlat

CJL

IR Double Adaptor

I have a client with an IR connecting block and remote target controlling his home theatre equipment. He is now using Wiser (loves it) and is intending to use a mobile web tablet to access the interface and eventually control his a/v equipment from it too. It will be his 'does everything' remote.

I was intending to use a NIRT and inject the IR signal from the plate into a spare emitter output on the connecting block. A tech from the manufacturer of the IR system said this was the way to do it, but also claims not to be familiar with C-Bus.

I do not want to run another entire set of IR emitters if I don't have to. One is on the projector and so is very inconvenient.

Is this advice wrong, and if so what are my options??

Many thanks

CJL, Jul 17, 2009
  6. davlat

Newman

CJL, can you please give more information about the set-up you'd like to use? What is this "IR System" you're talking about? The set-up you're proposing is not entirely clear.

Newman, Jul 17, 2009
  7. davlat

CJL

Thanks Newman,

The IR system is just a simple repeating system with a connector block to accomodate a target and several emitters - similar to Xantech or Kordz.

CJL, Jul 17, 2009
  8. davlat

Newman

If the input on the connector block is not isolated (and it most likely isn't) then you'll need to have some kind of isolator so that C-Bus doesn't become inadvertently referenced to the IR repeating system.

Newman, Jul 28, 2009
Ask a Question