Some Help please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by titsonabull, Oct 9, 2010.

1. titsonabull

titsonabull

I have a relay connected to a bus coupler. Relay is energised by temperature device and relay contacts close giving input to coupler. I want this input from the coupler to start a pump which should run for ten minutes. This drops the temperature within two minutes and relay drops out. The problem I have is the next next input from the relay into the coupler turns off the pump and I would like it to retrigger to timer.

early bus couplers (version 1.2.67)

any help would be great

Colin

titsonabull, Oct 9, 2010
  2. titsonabull

Newman

So, is your problem that a second relay closure within 10 minutes turns the pump off, whereas you want it to run for a further 10 minutes?

If so, you need to configure the input of the Bus Coupler as a Timer and select the Retrigger timer type, not the Toggle timer type.

Newman, Oct 9, 2010
  3. titsonabull

titsonabull

Thanks

thanks for your reply newman. That and a fiddle with the channel functions sorted it. The problem was the long release was turning the pump off. This is now set to idle. When you change the default channel function settings for a timer you lose the edit button beside channel function button and I thought iwas losing the timer as the function changed to custom. Working grand now though.

Regards,

Colin

titsonabull, Oct 12, 2010
Ask a Question