Solution for Trailing Edge transformers

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by brodsky, Mar 10, 2005.

1. brodsky

brodsky

Hi Gents,

I have a question, some advise would be appreciated.
    We have an increasing number of installations where we HAVE to use trailing edge transformers with the C-bus dimmers. This is necessary because of the type of light fittings specified.

The problem is that these transformers "hum" excessively, in such a way that the clients complain about it. This happened on various installations and we are now forced to turn jobs down where these type of transformers are specified, to save face.

Is there a solution from Clipsal's side, because I know the wireless range seems to make provision for this?
    Do you get a type of "converter" that will convert leading edge to trailing edge, or any other solution? :confused:

brodsky, Mar 10, 2005
  2. brodsky

Newman

Stay tuned, your cries have reached our ears........

Newman, Mar 14, 2005
  3. brodsky

Bad Boy Bubby

Brodsky i have completed quite a few c-bus installs with electronic transformers i have had no problems with them humming perhaps it is to do with the transformer model i have only ever used atco possum or ibl. but look forward to trailing edge version what channels/load options newman spill the beans

Bad Boy Bubby, Mar 14, 2005
  4. brodsky

ICS-GS

Well Newman??? a week and nothing:D

ICS-GS, Mar 20, 2005
Ask a Question