Software to access C-Bus from PC

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ashleigh, Sep 7, 2004.

?

Would you like C-Bus driver software available for PC

1. YES

28 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ashleigh

ashleigh Moderator

Here is a poll question for all you people reading:

Would you like to see some software released by Clipsal that would allow you to access C-Bus messages from Windows and / or Linux?

C-Gate does this to some extent, but its high level and you need to have a socket interface.

How about something which gives a published API, so you can do things using a set of function calls from common programming languages, like C or VB?

(No different to the drivers you get for some types of wierd add-on boards that you plug into a PC)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2004
    ashleigh, Sep 7, 2004
  2. ashleigh

Tonyo

Socket Option

I think you still want the socket option, although you could make one for yourself I suppose.

Tonyo, Sep 7, 2004
  3. ashleigh

ashleigh Moderator

Driver software

We have had 17 replies - yes you would like driver software for a PC.

Preferred operating system? Windows or Linux?

** Good news ** This driver software IS now available for Windows (as a DLL), and Linux (as a compiled object archive library) to members of the C-Bus enabled program.

For more information about C-Bus Enabled, see www.cbus-enabled.com

Those who have downloaded the public release documentation note: this is not the same as being a member of the C-Bus Enabled Program.

For those who don't want to be cbus enabled members or who don't qualify, but still want this driver, please PRIVATE MESSAGE me setting out your reason for wanting it. I can't promise that you will get it.... But I want to guage the level of interest.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2004
    ashleigh, Dec 15, 2004
Ask a Question