Soft squeeze

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Maurits Roos, May 12, 2009.

1. Maurits Roos

Maurits Roos

I am trying to get slimserver interface working on the CTC I have squeeze centre running on my PC with soft squeeze running on the PC as the player the PC IP address is set at 192.168.0.253. I have programmed a button for media player control ticked use specific server entered 192.168.0.253 as the IP address using port 9090 but doesn?t seem to connect to squeeze center. Has any been able to get this working or do you have to have physical squeeze box on the network for this to work rather than using soft squeeze on your PC

Maurits Roos, May 12, 2009
  2. Maurits Roos

filpee

Softqueeze player will be fine.

Have you confirmed that slimserver CLI port is running on port 9090? You can access it via the browser interface.

filpee, May 12, 2009
  3. Maurits Roos

Darren Senior Member

In the Colour C-Touch project, have you selected the Start SlimServer Interface when program starts option?

Darren, May 12, 2009
  4. Maurits Roos

Matty

Hi Maurits Roos,

Make sure you have entered the IP address of the squeezecenter into the SlimServer tab. Make sure you have selected 'Start SlimServer interface when program starts'. Check that the CLI port of the Squeezecenter is 9090 and this sam value is set in the SlimServer tab. In the General tab its easiest to leave 'automatically find servers' selected.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, May 13, 2009
  5. Maurits Roos

Shovelhead

Connected but crashes Slimserver

Hi, don't want to steal the thread but took all the advice on offer so far and currently connected to the slimserver from the CTC.

Problem is the following listing below is greyed out

Squeezebox

Playlist
    Artist
    Albums
    Genre

only when I click on either the >> or << does it highlight the list in black then when I select the playlist or any of the other choices the slimserver crashes.

It'll reset and find the server staight afterwards then if i go through it again same thing happens.

Any advice greatly appreciated as I'd love to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

Shovelhead, May 15, 2009
  6. Maurits Roos

Matty

Hi Shovelhead,

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it crashes.
    Could you describe what you see for me?

regards,

Matty

Matty, May 18, 2009
  7. Maurits Roos

Shovelhead

Hi Matt

Cheers for the respnse but think I've got it working now. Removed the Squeezebox MAC address and initiated the sliminterface and everything working fine on the PC in simulation mode. I'll drop it on the TS tonite to confirm.

Thanks anyhow.

Shovelhead, May 19, 2009
  8. Maurits Roos

razor77

Slim Interface

I have found the Slim Interface with Schedule Plus but can't find any documenation, instructions or data sheet. In lou of these, I am simply curious if it enables squeezebox's (and instances of softsqueeze) to be controlled from a DLT?

razor77, Jun 16, 2009
  9. Maurits Roos

NickD Moderator

It doesn't currently do this.. however, you could actually implement it yourself using logic.

You can set up a DLT key/group address for, say, next track.

Use logic to monitor this group address, and when it turns on, use logic to turn it off again, and then control slimserver yourself via a socket connection to its command line interface. These is some example code elsewhere on the forum for controlling slimsever from logic, and the command line interface documentation comes with slimserver.

Nick

NickD, Jun 17, 2009
  10. Maurits Roos

Woody

Hi Guys I'm having the same issues as Shovelhead.

I seem to have a connection with the squeeze centre but playlist & other options greyed out. if I press << or >> the options turn black. If I then press one of the options again it greys out again and the menu button also greys out.

The CLI is set to 9090 in squeeze centre.

In Piced Project details wizard:
    Media/General: Automatically find servers checked
    Media/Slimserver:
    IP Address: 192.168.2.125 (IP Address of computer with squeeze center)
    Port: 9090 (same as CLI)
    Username: (Blank)
    Password: (Blank)
    SqueezeBox Mac Address: (Blank) as the apparantly solved Shovelheads problems. Seems to make no differance if the address is there or not.

I have also set a playlist run directly off squeezecenter to see if the counters count up/down on the media player window with the track currently playing. Don't seem to have any feedback from squeeze center. yet I do have a heading at the top of page "Squeezebox"

Any help greatly appreciated

Shane

Woody, Jul 23, 2009
  11. Maurits Roos

Matty

Hi Woody,

It sounds like the SlimInterface hasn't made a connection to the SlimServer. This could either be because the IP address, CLI port are incorrect or because a login is required (or possibly network issues).

You can test the connection from PICED by connecting your PC to the network, opening your project and press 'Start now' in the SlimServer tab of the options 2 form. This will start the interface on your PC and allow you to try it out from there before transferring over to the touch screen.

If you only have 1 player then leave the MAC address blank and it will be found automatically. Having the MAC address option is there to specify control of a particular player if you have more than 1.

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jul 24, 2009
  12. Maurits Roos

Woody

Cheers Matty,
    Updated to latest version of piced. The version I had didn't have the start now button.
    All now running sweet

Cheers Shane

Woody, Aug 2, 2009
Ask a Question