SMS from Logic

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by jboer, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jboer

jboer

So I know that this is probably a left field question, but you never know till you ask hey!

So I have a GSM modem that I would like to send and receive SMS messages with into 'a' (Homegate/S+) logic engine. Connection is easy, AT+ command base via serial. The hard part is that it of course wants PDU commands.

Now I can hard code the beginning of the PDU easy enough as that wont really change. But I would like to be able to take 'any' ASCII string and be able to convert that into the PDU. Now there is the Alphabet Table that I can use to convert the ASCII data. I am just not sure how if at all possible to do this with the Pascal logic?

Any hints?

Tltr - I want to make my own language conversion script in logic. Could be a generic converter that I change. Help?

jboer, Apr 24, 2015
  2. jboer

rhamer

It must be an old modem if it only supports PDU mode SMS messages.

I have written PDU encoder/decode routines before many years ago, and it's quite complex. Using Text mode is far far simpler, and I would encourage you to buy a cheap GSM modem from eBay that supports Text mode.

I realise this doesn't actually answer your question, but it will be a much easier journey if you run away from PDU encoding.

In my opinion, for what it's worth. :)

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Apr 24, 2015
  3. jboer

jboer

Thanks Hamer,

As in all things, there is a back story, not only being able to talk to a GSM modem, I have some monitoring software that it's only real output is a serial connection designed to connect to a GSM modem. This software ONLY generates PDUs, so as well as being able to talk PDUs to a GSM modem I was hoping to be able to take these messages from the monitoring software and then do things with them inside C-Bus world.

So yes while I agree that it would be far simpler to just use text mode (which the modem I have does do ;-) ) I have, as usual, ulterior motives :p

jboer, Apr 25, 2015
  4. jboer

rhamer

Always the way.

This may be of some help.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19530646/python-decode-gsm-sms-message-in-pdu

Best of luck

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Apr 25, 2015
  5. jboer

jboer

Hey

That link is actually really helpful, thanks.

If I get anything useful working in Pascal, Ill post it up.

jboer, Apr 25, 2015
Ask a Question