Smoke Detectors and C-Bus

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by magic8, Jan 6, 2009.

1. magic8

magic8

Would like to know the easiest way to enable a smoke detctor output to input to the C-Bus system to enable switching on lights etc
    Thanks

magic8, Jan 6, 2009
  2. magic8

NickD Moderator

Not sure if it's the *easiest* way, but I have smoke detectors that interface as zones on my Homesafe alarm panel, so I use the event generated by the panel when one of those zones becomes unsealed to trigger an emergency exit scene on CBus.

Nick

NickD, Jan 6, 2009
  3. magic8

filpee

Aux Module or bus couplers would do the trick.

I suppose it depends on what smoke sensors you have and what kind of output you can get from them.

filpee, Jan 6, 2009
  4. magic8

PeteS

The smoke detectors I use are interlinked and it is possible to fit one of the detector bases with a relay module. Add a bus coupler controlled by the voltage free contacts within the detector base, and you can do what you wish.

PeteS, Jan 6, 2009
  5. magic8

znelbok

Just about any snoke detector that has interlinking capabilities will have a relay module that will allow interfacing to an alarm system or C-bus via aux input module or bus coupler.

Clipsal make some detectors and an isolation unit module (756) that actually has a C-bus logo on the front of it. I currently use these, although my 756 in the shed has crapped itself after four years so I am not happy with that.

http://updates.clipsal.com/ClipsalOnline/ProductInformation.aspx?CatNo=756&ref=

Mick

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2009
    znelbok, Jan 6, 2009
  6. magic8

magic8

Thanks for replies

Thanks for all info-thought I would have to use Bus Coupler or some similar input device from smoke detectors-will go that way
    Thanks Again all

magic8, Jan 7, 2009
Ask a Question