Slow response from Homegate

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by lcrowhurst, Apr 26, 2007.

1. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Hi Guys

Have any of you come across this problem

I have 3 homegate pcs (LAN) connected to a CNI, which is connected to (CBUS) network one, and then a Bridge connection to (CBUS) network 2.

When I press a cbus switch on either network, the lights in the same group (again on either network) come on instantly, also the icons representing the lights on the homegate screens also come on instantly.

BUT

If I press the icon on the homegate screen then the light does not come on instantly. The longer the system is up (eg after rebooting everything) the longer the lights take to respond. eg after system has been running for 1/2 hour lights take 8 seconds to come on, after say 1 hour they take 2 minutes etc.

I have checked:
    Voltages at devices - all ok
    voltages + to earth, - to Earth --- all ok
    tried software/Hardware and no burdens (both networks)
    Made sure clock (x2) on both netwoks arent on heavily used units.
    check with electrician that he hasnt looped cable
    run network analyser - does show errors
    toolkit runs fine, doesnt have problem finding/loading units

Ive still got to check the Computer (TCPIP) network to see if there are issues there

what else can I look at??

lcrowhurst, Apr 26, 2007
  2. lcrowhurst

Newman

The CNi only allows a single socket connection to be made to it at any given time. Are you using G-Gate on one machine and then making remote C-Gate connections from the other two machines to that one? If so, is the response time of all 3 instances of HomeGate the same?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2007
    Newman, Apr 26, 2007
  3. lcrowhurst

Richo

Can you setup Homegate to create a log (instructions: http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1980 )

Once you have this log file, email it to tech support along with your homegate project and Toolkit project files. Advise them of the problem you are having and ask them to forward it to Darren.

If you are feeling particularily helpful a C-Gate Event Level 9 log is *VERY* help for the developers. The CGate Manual ( http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/developer_tools#Cgatedoco ) covers how to do this in the following section:
    Code:
    Reference|Command and Monitoring Interfaces|Event Interface|Logging with C-Gate

Richo, Apr 26, 2007
  4. lcrowhurst

lcrowhurst

Hi Newman

Yes im using remote connection on 2 of the machines.

Richo
    I will run the logs 2morrow and get them sent to Darrren

Thanks

lcrowhurst, Apr 26, 2007
  5. lcrowhurst

2SC

By "remote connection" you mean via server X?

2SC, Apr 26, 2007
Ask a Question