Slightly weird behaviour

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by phcjpp, Jan 6, 2020.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi All,

We have had our CBUS dimmer installation (around 20 dimmers) for something like 16 years without any issues. Just recently have observed something slightly weird...

Very occasionally (maybe once every other day) a couple of the light circuits will appear to dim/switch off and then come back (maybe 0.5 sec on/off) . Its definitely more than one channel of dimming doing it too as we have observed it in a couple of rooms.

Any thoughts / ideas / things we could check would be most welcome.

Thanks
    Chris

phcjpp, Jan 6, 2020
  2. phcjpp

chromus

Sounds like a PSU is on its way out. This was the symptoms one of my clients had before things started getting worse.

Other symptoms included fluctuating backlight brightness on old DLTs and ctouch and LONG delays between buttonpress and actuation of dimmer/relay

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    chromus, Jan 6, 2020
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Thanks for the response! Obvious next question - any way to spot which dimmer/psu might be the culprit - maybe voltage level for the unit? Or perhaps just wait for it to go!

I was fairly sure I had more than enough PSU’s especially as I am now using Crestron switches to control things so the only thing drawing down on the PSU’s are the dimmers, a RS232 unit and a TCPIP unit.

Best
    Chris

phcjpp, Jan 6, 2020
  4. phcjpp

chromus

I got lucky and the units lights flickered when it was playing up which was intermittent.

chromus, Jan 6, 2020
Ask a Question