Single Temp Sensor, Schedule and Relays

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by rclapham, Apr 21, 2016.

1. rclapham

rclapham

Good evening,

I have a small programming issue, with 3 heaters running on separate relays, that are controlled by a time schedule (Touch Screen Mk2), that once activated have to be controlled by a single temperature sensor.

The difficulty is we would also like to be able to control the output relays individually.

If possible I would like to also control the temperature set point from the touch screen.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome! Single relay is straight forward enough, but as it's 7 years since I was trained I do feel a little rusty!

Thanks in advance!

rclapham, Apr 21, 2016
  2. rclapham

Roosta

Hi Rclapham,

Welcome to the forum and back into the world of cbus..

If it was me, and yes i have had to achieve this before, i would do it all via logic..

Use a schedule to enable the logic module, Set the temp sensor to broadcast, read that broadcast into logic then compare that logic against some user setable variables to achieve what you want..

Ie
    Read in temp from sensor
    If Usersetpoint1 < tempfromsensor then
    Turn on heater1
    If usersetpoint1 => tempfromsensor then
    Turn off heater1

Duplicate for the 3 heaters..

Create a page or pages on the touchscreen where by the user can view current temp, set points and adjust..

Obviously downside to 1 sensor controlling 3 diff loads is that any of the other loads or other heat source can possibly give an incorrect reading to the temp sensor which may affect total system efficiency..

Cheers..

Roosta, Apr 21, 2016
  3. rclapham

rclapham

I like it thanks!

Putting it into action could be interesting!

Thanks for the input!

Cheers

rclapham, Apr 21, 2016
Ask a Question