Shutting down wiser with too much/bad logic??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by pastorhinn, Dec 22, 2011.

1. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

So i have searched the forums and not been able to find the answer too my question. So i will start a new thread and see if anyone knows the answer or has had any similar troubles. Here is what is happening for me:

I have a customers cbus installation that I was working on the Wiser program of. The system was working fine and had full local wiser control on computers and iPhone and an ipad. I was adding some more modules to the logic 1 by one and transferring the program to the wiser to check the correct operation. All was going well and then i changed 3 or 4 modules at once and transferred the program to the wiser, waited 90 seconds and then tried logging in. All i could get to was the Authenticating socket then it comes up with Unable to connect to wiser! If i go back and delete the extra modules that i had worked on then transfer again it all works again! If i add the modules back it becomes unreachable again!

The modules i was working on were nothing fancy but just turn sensors on or off at certain times of the day.

Anybody out there have any ideas where to start looking or have i just exceeded the capability of the wiser logic.

Cheers guys and merry Christmas!

pastorhinn, Dec 22, 2011
  2. pastorhinn

kjayakumar

Merry Christmas. From your description, it sounds more like a bug in Wiser rather than a capacity issue. That is, something in the extra modules might be making Wiser crash (hence you get the unable to connect to Wiser). You might want to attach your project here or provide it to customer support. Also, if you haven't already, you'll want to check that you're using the latest Wiser firmware and latest PICED.

kjayakumar, Dec 23, 2011
  3. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Hi And thanks for your reply. So what files can I post here for you too have a look at? I have updated and am running all the latest firmware and software. I will Post files when I know what to post.

Cheers Mate

pastorhinn, Dec 31, 2011
  4. pastorhinn

Newman

You need to export your project from PICED as an archive. This will create a single file that includes all the necessary bits.

Open your project within PICED, include the modules that make the Wiser misbehave and then export it. To do this go to File -> Archive -> Export to Archive.

Newman, Jan 2, 2012
  5. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Hey Newman,

The file size is 3.51mb how do i upload here or can i send it directly to your email?

Cheers for your help

Brenton

pastorhinn, Jan 4, 2012
  6. pastorhinn

kjayakumar

Brenton, 3.5MB sounds too large for a Wiser CTA. Seems odd. If you click on the attach icon in the forum post editor, it'll let you upload a 1.9MB CTA. If you like, you can email it to me at [email protected] but I can't promise to take a look at it. I'll check it out when I have some free time. You should use the support channel if you need urgent support on this.

kjayakumar, Jan 4, 2012
  7. pastorhinn

pastorhinn

Done mate. Emailed it too you. Let me know what you think.

Cheers Again

pastorhinn, Jan 4, 2012
  8. pastorhinn

>>aSh<<

Hi,

Did your problem get resolved?

>>aSh<<, Mar 2, 2012
Ask a Question