Shutter relay problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by pbelectrical, Jul 18, 2011.

1. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

I am experiencing some strange problems with several shutter relays. I recently installed 7 shutter relays and a B&W Mk11 touchscreen into an existing job to control 7 new somfy blinds. Each blind is controlled by its own separate relay. I have a page on the touch screen that has an UP, DOWN and STOP button for each blind. The buttons are set up as follows UP = On, Down = Off and STOP = 2%. The relays are set to level translation mode. There is also an 8th group of buttons for All UP, All Down and All Stop, these are each set as a scene to issue the exact same commands to all blinds at once.

The problem I am having is that only blinds 1, 5 & 7 respond to commands from their individual controls but all 1 -7 operate fine with the ALL buttons.

I have checked the application log and all messages seem correct, with the exact same command being issued with the individual buttons compared to what is contained in the scenes.

Any help much appreciated.

pbelectrical, Jul 18, 2011
  2. pbelectrical

NickD Moderator

Certainly sounds strange, and you don't seem to have done anything wrong that's immediately obvious.

Have you tried tech support? They will be able to spend more time investigating.

Nick

NickD, Jul 19, 2011
  3. pbelectrical

pbelectrical

Solved. It was not a programming issue it was a wiring issue. Turns out that at the time of commisioning some of the relays were controlling the wrong blinds, so rather than re-programming and re-labeling of the units the blind side cables were physically swapped between adjacent units, however only the UP and DOWN cables were moved and not the associated neutrals as it was assumed the neutrals were a common connection and not switched.

pbelectrical, Aug 3, 2011
  4. pbelectrical

NickD Moderator

Glad you got it sorted.. Thanks for letting us know!

Nick

NickD, Aug 3, 2011
Ask a Question