Shutter relay fault

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Dave_F, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Dave_F

Dave_F

My system is all installed and I have identified everything but i haven't programmed all of the outputs to a switch. In the meantime, I have had to go to work and my wife is driving the blinds by pressing the buttons on the relay itself. Unfortunately, they have all of a sudden just stopped working in the open position and now can't close them.

I have asked her to cycle the power to the C-bus system but no luck. Any idea's?

Dave_F, Nov 2, 2019
  2. Dave_F

Wonkey

Are the blinds on a seperate CB if so has that tripped.
    Dose the LED on the shutter contollers change when she pushes the close or open buttons.
    Colin

Wonkey, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Dave_F

Dave_F

Hi Colin,

Yep, they're all on the same CB and I have had her check that. She has cycled the power on the complete C-bus system with no luck.

The power and C-bus red lights are constantly on but when she presses the open or close button, they don't light up and nothing happens.

Dave_F, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Dave_F

Wonkey

Hi Dave
    I presume there is more than one shutter controller and they are all failing to operate.
    The chance of multiple units failing at the same time is unlikely.
    So may I politely suggest the operator is doing something wrong.
    This I support because you stated that both the power (unit) and C-bus red lights are constantly on.
    What should happen if somebody tries to change the state of the shutter hence press the close button when the shutters are open is, the close button illuminates, and the unit light flashes, indicating a manual override and remains flashing.
    However in the above situation if the open button was pressed nothing would happen no LED on or flashing unit LED. Just check that your wife is aware there are 2 buttons.

Are you aware that you can program the shutter relay via learn mode, its very easy and can be modified with toolkit programming later should you wish.
    To program in learn mode press and hold the open button for 10 secs until the unit and C-Bus light flash alternatively. at this point the open button LED should be lit if not quick press the open button.
    Now press a button on a key switch that you wish to control the shutter with it should now be lit. Go back to the board and press the open button for 2 second until the unit and C-bus light are on solid.
    Try the key switch that you just programmed.
    Repeat all action for each shutter controller,
    (Ensure no one else is operating and controls during this whole process or you may end up with other buttons working the shutters).
    Try just one with an un-programmed button as you have nothing to loose.
    Colin

Wonkey, Nov 7, 2019
  5. Dave_F

Dave_F

Hi Colin,

Yep, I tend to agree with you. As for the learn mode, unfortunately I have only programmed enough just to get her by until I get home. On top of that, the only unused buttons in the area are eDLT's which I couldn't program due to the readability of the toolkit on my Surface pro.

She will just have to live with them as they are till I'm home.

Dave_F, Nov 7, 2019
Ask a Question