Shutter Control as dry contacts

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by 71monaro, Sep 1, 2018.

1. 71monaro

71monaro

My blind supplier Betta Blinds first said they could only supply IR control of some new motorised cellular blinds. But when pushed they provided the instructions of using a HunterDouglas Connection Interface. This takes dry contact inputs as attached diagram. Looking at a L5501RBCP it is designed to have power through it. I can see how to connect as following flow Power > L5501RBCP ->relays ->ConnectionInterface -> Blinds. But is there a simpler way without the relays, having the Shutter Relay just provide the dry contacts?

Attached Files:

71monaro, Sep 1, 2018
  2. 71monaro

Ashley

Normally you would do this using Cbus relays and a bell press function as the controller needs momentary commands and the shutter relay holds the contacts close to keep the blind moving. But it's possible. The shutter relay doesn't need power. It's just 2 relays with dry contacts. Connect the common to the relay power input and the open/close to the appropriate connections. You would then need to program the switches so they give and Open or Close shutter command when pressed, and a Shutter Stop command when they are released. Alternatively you could set the relay fail-safe to a short time interval. The only issue here is that most of those controllers allow you to press both open and close together as a stop function, and you can't do that with a shutter relay so you would have no way of stopping the blinds half way.

Ashley, Sep 1, 2018
    jboer likes this.
  3. 71monaro

71monaro

So is the attached a suitable diagram for wiring the L5501RBCP?

Attached Files:

71monaro, Sep 3, 2018
  4. 71monaro

jboer

Hey Monaro,
    That would work, but you dont need to do the loop between the L and The N. Just put your common in to the A line and leave the N and the SW N terminals empty.

I have done exactly that for some TV lift control and it works well. I then set my fail-safe time to 1 second to behave like a pulse, which like Ashley said, doesn't really give you stop control. But it works.

jboer, Sep 3, 2018
  5. 71monaro

Ashley

Exactly :)

Ashley, Sep 3, 2018
Ask a Question