Shadow / Link groups across applications?

Discussion in 'Pascal Logic Code Examples' started by pgordon, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pgordon

pgordon

By Jove! it only bl**dy works!

Major step forward! - the logic code appears to work perfectly... I added the lighting group I've called "thermostat" to my Wiser UI so that I could stand in front of the thermostat & observe the results in real-time, and in response to switching this lighting group on & off. I can see the thermostat switching on & off in perfect synchronicity. :D - Not tried it the other way round yet (switching the thermostat on & off from it's front panel button & verifying the lighting group also changes state to stay in sync) - which I will do shortly, but this first bit is major progress... - it means I can use my older Neo's that don't support secondary application to control the thermostat via a "transposed" lighting group regardless...

Setback also works, but it's kinda "clunky" right now, which I imagine is because I've not configured it optimally... In a nutshell, I configured remote setback for control from Lighting, and there are then 2 seperate control groups to configure: a remote setback ENable group and a remote setback DISable group... because of this I created two distinct lighting groups called "setback enable" and "setback disable" & assigned them accordingly. (see pic).
    When I come to add this to the Wiser UI, I add both of them...
    having applied all that, in the iPhone Wiser app, I see the two buttons for setback enable & disable... I can turn enable setback ON, and I see the "Setback" text appear on the thermostat... so far so good... - but this is where it gets "clunky" - the two groups need to toggle each other I'd have thought... setback can only ever be enable or disabled, and never both at the same time - they're mutually exclusive... but on the Wiser iPhone UI, the buttons don't behave this way... when I turn the "Enable Setback" group back off again, it doesn't actually turn setback off, - I need to explicitly turn on the "Disable setback" control group for that to happen... it's perfectly easy on the iPhone to have Both setback buttons turned ON at the same time... - clearly nonsensical...
    What I really would like to have in the UI is a SINGLE button labelled setback (rather than the 2 seperate ones) which behaves as a toggle for setback mode... I'm assuming this is possible if I configure things slightly differently? - any advice on what I should change to get to that outcome?

Lastly, I also added the Wiser Climate widget to the project, and it seems to mostly work (well it's displaying the right temperature reading at least), - but it doesn't seem to appear at all in the iPhone Wiser App... - is it not supported there? - it appears on the browser UI on a PC...

As many people have intimated, the climate widget appears to be less than ideal for my needs; it's too "busy" - it has elements that are not relevant to my environment, and if it doesn't even appear on the iPhone that's a showstopper right there... so I will probably want to consider removing it & using a simpler "home brew" alternative, so I'll be looking for advice on how to get some data out of the thermostat into some CBUS group levels (current temp & setpoint should be all I'll ever need) so that I can display them in the UI, and then some advice about configuring the ability to change the setpoint from the client too...

Oh and lastly, my time-sync issue seems to have disappeared as well! :D - Wiser is currently behaving itself & displaying the correct date & time for this part of the world and the current DST setting... so that's nice...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Attached Files:

pgordon, Dec 22, 2010
  2. pgordon

kjayakumar

Yes, you are correct that the currently released iPhone/iTouch application does not yet support HVAC (also Power Metering widgets). I believe work is in progress to deliver that.

kjayakumar, Dec 23, 2010
Ask a Question