SHAC5500 and "Legacy" Temp Sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Bigdave, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hi there Brains Trust,

I have some 5031TS temp sensors. I finally got around to getting a SHAC5500. I want to have Gauges or Widgets (or something) that shows the temp from these devices.

Does anyone know how to do it. I fear the worst as my Toolkit labels them "Legacy" which is code for "ship more money to Schneider"

Bigdave, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Bigdave

Ashley

3. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hi Ashley, this was an informative link.

I can see my sensors in the Shac, the artile above jumps from adding them to they are reporting. It is not clear to me how I get them to refresh..It appears to be in the script area of the Wiser. Any tips for this learning idiot?

Bigdave, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Bigdave

Ashley

Are you setting them up in the SHAC as a Unit Parameter object? That allows you to specify a polling interval.

Ashley, Aug 1, 2020
  5. Bigdave

Bigdave

Hi Ashley,

thanks for helping.

I can see them as objects. I then want to choose them in the visualiser so I can display them.

I cannot see a polling interval. I am just a bit new and don't know what to do next with these in particular.

Attached Files:

Bigdave, Aug 1, 2020
  6. Bigdave

Bigdave

I re-read the other post

In order to get the temperature you need to create a "Unit Parameter" object, which needs to know the *Unit* address of the device. In this, you configure the polling interval. You can then use the value from this in logic using the "get unit parameter.." functions.

I followed the user guide for the SHAC, but I am missing something. It is not entirely clear what actual steps to take.

I am following 4.3.4 for measurement, but it is not entirely clear on Device ID, channel number and group address.

Bigdave, Aug 1, 2020
  7. Bigdave

Ashley

You don't set these up on the heating application. You have to set them up as a Unit Parameter.
    Go to Objects, Add New Object, select the network, then for the application, select Unit Parameter (it's at the bottom).
    The unit address is what you have assigned by toolkit. If you don't know it, run toolkit and select the sensor and it will tell you its unit address.
    then you can select a polling interval.
    Once you have done this you can add a visualization attached to this new object.

Ashley, Aug 1, 2020
  8. Bigdave

Bigdave

HI Ashley, I appreciate your patience in not telling me to nick off.

I did this and found it didn't work

I can see it in my toolkit, app is heating legacy, unit ID is 27
    I can see it in the SHAC

I create an object, it is 0/255/27/1 as a Unit Parameter Class
    I add it in visualiser and it doesn't show Temp.
    I have attached screen shots of my steps.
    I am sure I am doing something wrong. I can get the temp from my toolkit by forcing a refresh, but I only see it in the Toolkit.

while you ponder my stupidity, and offer next steps.

Could I also ask, I have a Bus coupler that will detect my garage open or closed, would I do this the same way as the temp sensor? Indicating open or closed visually?

Attached Files:

Bigdave, Aug 2, 2020
  9. Bigdave

NickD Moderator

The polling interval is set in the object properties (double click the object to edit). The default is 20s, but for a temperature sensor, once a minute is probably ample. If you have multiple sensors, then increase the interval accordingly.

The last thing you need to do (which is a limitation in the current SHAC firmware), is to restart the SHAC for it to start polling the newly created object (we're looking to try and fix this but for now you have to restart).

Nick

NickD, Aug 4, 2020
  10. Bigdave

Bigdave

Well, @Ashley did all the hard work. Nick's mantra of "reboot it" was the final step. It now reports.

thanks fella's.

I have a desperate plea for help in the wireless forum. I have a rogue Neo wireless I cannot seem to factory reset, and it is stuck at On (the local controls have stopped as it crashed during edit) If you guys can dig me out, I will defend Adelaide to my last breath from now on.

Bigdave, Aug 4, 2020
  11. Bigdave

Crostek

Hi Ashley and Nick

Would I need to use the unit ID / unit address when using the Measurement (228) application
    As i have a couple of modbus SE8350 room controllers that are mapped to a group in the Measurement app
    but these do not have a ID in toolkit
    Many thanks
    Shane

Crostek, Aug 13, 2020
Ask a Question