SHAC Security Application

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Ks04, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Ks04

Ks04

Hi There,

I'm working to integrate the API of my alarm to my SHAC and thought I would use the security application given it's there, however it doesn't appear well docuemented (or rather, I haven't found the documentation yet).

I can get the status of a Zone using "CBusSecurityGet" but how can I set the zone status? From what I can see I can create a number of zones as objects, but I cannot work out how to set that value!

Secondly, I can set the alarm status as armed using "CBusSecurityArm", but how do I set the system as disarmed?

Any pointers?

Ks04, Nov 17, 2022
  2. Ks04

Ashley

You can't. How could you? The zone status is defined by the alarm system. The Cbus security application is designed to talk to an alarm system, not be one.

There is no disarm command as that would be a rather obvious security risk. You can however use virtual keypad commands to send the disarm code.

Do you have a copy of the cbus security protocol document?

Ashley, Nov 18, 2022
  3. Ks04

Ks04

That's exactly what I'm trying to do - my alarm publishes the zone status through an API - I want to use that API to push the zone status into C-Bus
    same as above - i don't want c-bus to disarm the alarm, but know the status that the alarm is disarmed.

I don't...

Ks04, Nov 18, 2022
  4. Ks04

Dasman

I suspect he is trying to set the zone status based off having the SHAC read the zone status and then reflect this, as opposed to the alarm system speaking directly to the security application.

half the challenge here is going to be getting the alarm system to speak on the Security application natively, similar to how the old Ness D16 or Ness M1 does so now. Both of these options have their own interface which connects directly to C-Bus and speaks natively on the security application. This would be the only way to get zone status through to the NAC/SHAC

Dasman, Nov 18, 2022
  5. Ks04

Ashley

Yes, I think you're right :)

The only way to do this would be to have a dedicated PCI or CNI that the SHAC talks to using the cbus security protocol and pretends it is an alarm panel. Not a trivial exercise.

pm me if you want a copy of the security protocol. They seem to have disappeared on-line.

Ashley, Nov 18, 2022
  6. Ks04

Ks04

Ah so the alarm would need to talk to the PCI/CNI to publish the events onto the C-Bus network? As opposed to being able to update the events using the SHAC Script?

Ks04, Nov 18, 2022
  7. Ks04

Ashley

Yes. The issue is that alarm systems have to be certified for insurance purposes, and Cbus was never designed as an alarm system. So the Cbus security implementation was only ever designed to talk to a security panel, not be one.

Ashley, Nov 18, 2022
Ask a Question